Auberge Le Chatelet

Check Luxembourg Hotel Deals

Auberge Le Chatelet Luxembourg Reviews

mainhart mainhart
My base in Luxembourg Aug 22, 2001
What a delighful surprise Luxembourg turned out to be. After partying in Amsterdam I was wary that Luxembourg would be a bore. But what a lovely country it is. The love affair started when we reached the Auberge Le Chatelet Pension in Luxembourg City. It was about a 10 minute walk from the train station, on some quiet street. The staff was very friendly. The hostess apologized for the small room beforehand. I was scared because I had just stayed in a miniscule "mid-sized" room in Holland and couldn't imagine anything smaller. I need not have worried. The room was actually quite large and very clean and modern, with a rustic feel. The bathroom was immaculate, with brass trimmings, marble floor, and larger than my entire room in Amsterdam. The bathtub was huge! Our room overlooked a park, which at night spooked us out since bats were flying around outside. The breakfast was the best I've ever had at a pension to this day. Anything, hot or cold, that you can imagine. The breakfast room had views of a garden. There was bar to relax in also. It was about a 15 minute walk to the ramparts and the town center, but it was a nice walk, burned off all the great food we ate in town.

UNSATISFYING RETURN: Returned to lovely Luxembourg with some friends this summer (2013). After the wonderful memory of this hotel from the last time I was in Luxembourg, I booked this hotel again and recommended it to my friends. The place is not how I remembered. It has been remodeled and expanded. The staff was indifferent, my tiny basement room was clean but musty smelling and noisy, my friends room was way to small for 5 people. The breakfast was still good. But much of the charm has been lost.
Maria_Mania says:
Google says Auberge Le Chatelet is a restaurant. Did you meen Hôtel Le Châtelet?
Posted on: Jul 09, 2011