Au Pied de Cochon

536 Duluth Est, Montreal, Canada

Au Pied de Cochon Montreal Reviews

mebernier mebernier
Epic. Better fast the day you go there as you will roll out the door! Jul 02, 2013
Au Pied de Cochon has been trending a lot these past few years... and if you want to invest on a special treat and go to a restaurant that is a bit more expensive but totally worth it, then go there!

I HIGHLY recommend you make a reservation, especially if you go from Thursday and Sunday nights.

The Foie gras poutine (23 $) is the thing to try. A twist on a Quebec's traditional meal that will give you a "fat buzz". The Salade PDC (8.50 $) in the apetizers is also very good.

As a dessert, just to make sure you get a bit closer to a heart attack or liver damages, get the Dark Chocolat Cream Jar (10 $); tasty, fluffy, with a hint of Grand Marnier.

Restaurant is a bit small and ALWAYS packed; good luck if you need to go to the toilet! Also, watch out for dripping A/C vent on the ceiling in the summer (they probably fixed it since).

Happy eating!
joc joc
Gastronomic Overload Oct 26, 2009
Warning: If you are on a diet, this is not the restuarant for you. Before moving to Montreal for work, I have always tried to go to this restaurant but I never got the chance due to my schedule or the inability to get a reservation.

Au Pied de Cochon (PDC) is a place where comfort food and local/regional Quebecoise cuisine happily meld together. I was finally able to go there with a large group of friends for dinner recently. Our group was feeling adventurous that night, so we gave the waiter full reign on what dishes were brought to our table. About twenty dishes shared tapas style later (appetizers, mains and dessert), we were all very full and very satisfied. I look forward to the next time I eat there.

They are best known for their use of foie gras and their dish "Duck in a Can".

Advance reservations are a must and there is easy visable sign marking the restaurant.

“It’s like driving down Hollywood Boulevard naked, wearing a cowboy hat and holding a white castle hamburger in one hand, having sex with two hookers while listening to ZZ Top. Total trash. [And I love it.]” – Anthony Bourdain describing his meal at Au Pied du Cochon
Foie Gras Poutine
Plogue à Champlain
Duck Carpaccio
Frederic83 says:
Seems to be a Great One !!
Posted on: Nov 23, 2009
bernard69 says:
thanks for sharing all these appetizing and light dishes:)))
alicegourmet says:
Very funny description by Anthony Bourdain! I like foie gras a lot but can't eat that often...haha!
jl_ghs316 jl_ghs316
Magnifique! Nov 17, 2009
This is one of my favorite restos and I have only eaten there once. Everything about it was perfect. The duck in a can was delicious, the beer was great, the atmosphere was awesome, and the show of the souz chefs was super! I couldn't have asked for a better dinning experience while I was in Montreal. I had never had foie gras before, so I didn't know what to expect, but it was really good. I wouldn't eat it regularly by any means for the animal aspect of it, but it was definitely worth a shot. The foie gras explosion was a crazy first impression. The onion soup was the best soup I have ever had, and probably the most fattening too! The duck in a can was just so savory. The owner even came by and asked how everything was. If I could eat there more often, I would be much fatter and much poorer!
foie gras explosion!
duck in a can!
joc says:
You need to be on a diet after eating there. I'm feeling a craving to go back soon!
Posted on: Nov 18, 2009
alicegourmet says:
Definitely this place is not for those people are on diet! I'm drooling on the foie gras! :p

Check Montreal Hotel Deals