Au Palais des Indes

Au Palais des Indes - The warm buffet
Au Palais des Indes - The Kingfisher
Au Palais des Indes - The restaurant
Au Palais des Indes - Decoration inside the Restaurant
Au Palais des Indes - Chicken!
Au Palais des Indes - Nice guy!

Au Palais des Indes Ixelles Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Au Palais des Indes Jul 17, 2008
Almost next door to where I live I have walked by the Indian restaurant of Palais des Indes. From outside this looks like everything you imagine from an Indian place.

This evening I decided to try the place because of a sudden urge for Indian food. It turned out to be buffet night, called the Maharajah Buffet . I am not sure if this buffet night is an everyday occurrence but the waiter made it seem as special. In order to not confuse the kitchen on such a night I decided to follow the crowd and go for the evening special.

The buffet consisted of three parts; one warm, one cold and a dessert. I stated with the warm enjoying myself with jasmine rise and a yellow curry seafood dish which I must say that I enjoyed so much that I had to visit it twice! I tasted also tasty meatballs and the white chicken curry; all good. The cold buffet consisted mostly of different salads and some semi warm dishes like Makhanwala; shredded chicken stepped in yogurt and red spices, and some kind of potato samosa. The dessert was a multitude of different cakes and fruits; all in all making me a very full and satisfied customer.

Apparently the owner Shirine Bandali created the restaurant on suggestion of the many friends she received every month at her home, where she was preparing a large selection of Indian specialities to make them familiar with the Indian kitchen. Unanimously, they suggested her to open her own Indian restaurant. With the help of her husband, she found a location, where an Indian decor was created. They have been built the restaurant with warm and colourful interior but also a flavour of Bollywood. In the entrance two big wooden sculpted antique doors, originally from an Indian Palace are separating the different parts of the restaurant.

And BTW I had an Indian Kingfisher, which I found beeing a tasty beer
The restaurant
Decoration inside the Restaurant
Nice guy!
williamsworld says:
I love somosa's I would love to try this place. Thanks for the review.
Posted on: Jul 18, 2008