Attraction Jakarta Reviews
where to go in Jakarta,Indonesia Jan 02, 2013
hi travbuddy i'm a newbie :) . Now, i'll post the most interested place in Jakarta. Hope you like my first post, here we go.
Address : Jalan Medan Merdeka Selatan, 10250, Indonesia
operational hours : 08.00AM-15.00PM
ticket : Rp3.000(children) - Rp7.500(adult) NB: the ticket price is afordable , less than US$1 :p
how to get there : by taxi or you can take the mass transportation called Transjakarta (ticket price Rp3.500) and stop in Monumen Nasional shelter. (you can ask the operator for more info)
what’s inside? :
1. You could reach the top of Monas by elevator. Surrounding the elevator there are emergency latter to be used in case of emergency. From the top yard you could enjoy the view of Jakarta City. In a clear weather you could enjoy the view of Salak Mountain at the south side, the ocean at the north side, and Soekarno-Hatta International Airport at the west side.
2. Independence Room
This room is located at the cup side of Monas, and has an amphitheater shape. In this room were kept the map of Indonesia, the red and white flag of Indonesia, the symbol of Indonesia, which is Garuda, and the replica of Indonesian independence proclaim script at the gateway. You could request the officer there to open the gateway so you could see the script replica while listening to the recorded voice of President Soekarno when he was reading the script
3. National History Museum
National History Museum located at the baseman of National Monument (Monas). The At the four sides of the museum there are display windows that shows the life and phenomenon that Indonesian people has gone through since Indonesian ancient time.
4. Park area
You could see the cultivation of spotted dears that were originated from Istana Bogor, at the park. There’re also pathways structured from green thin stone for you to have your feet massaged by walking on it un-shoes. There’re a pool with fountain and the statue of Prince Diponegoro riding a horse which made of 8 ton bronze medal on the park.
5. Fountain Attraction
every Saturday and Sunday, started from 07:00pm to 08:00pm. Duration of the attraction take about 35 minutes, accompanied by several songs like Jali-Jali, Lenggak-Lenggok Jakarta, Kopi Dangdut, Lambadia, Winter game, dan Rocketer.
1. Most of the time the weather is quite hot in day time in Jakarta, hence it’s better to visit Monas in the morning, afternoon or evening time. However if you choose to visit in the day time, do not forget to bring umbrella or hat to cover your head from the sun.
2. If you visit Monas in the morning you could avoid the long queue to the monument, especially on weekend and holiday. It might be more comfortable to visit on week days.
2.TMII (Taman Mini Indonesia Indah)
Address : Jl. Cipayung, Jakarta Timur
operational hours :
ticket : Main Gate Kala Makara
Per person( 3 y.o above) Rp. 9.000,-
car Rp. 10.000,-
Bus/Truck Rp. 15.000,-
Motorcycle Rp. 6.000,-
bicycle Rp. 1.000,-
for more info about the ticket price go there http://www.tamanmini.com/page/tiket
how to get there : i recommend to use taxi or you can rent a car, because the located is quite far from the city center.
What’s inside : there are many attractions you can see, most of them are musseum. In TMII you also could see the replica of Indonesia from the cable car, but most of the visitors come to TMII to see the traditional houses and buildings from 26 provinces in Indonesia. The pavilions are supplemented with ornaments and motifs from each territory. They are also equipped with traditional furniture that is unique to each territory.
1. Weekend and holidays always been the peak season at Taman Mini Indonesia Indah. If you’re not a type of person who enjoys crowds, it’s recommended to visit Taman Mini Indonesia Indah on weekdays.
2. Since the recreation area in Taman Mini Indonesia Indah is wide enough, it’s good for you to start your trip there since morning.
3. Do not forget to bring umbrella or hat to protect you head from sun, especially if you intend to get around by walk.
4. As far as possible please wear flexible footwear which you could wear and un-wear easily. When you enter the pavilion you’re not allowed to wear footwear.
3.Kota Tua (old city)
Address : Center Jakarta
operational hours : depends on which museum you visit
ticket : depends on which museum you visit
how to get there : you can take Transjakarta , and stop at the last shelter (Kota), by the train stop at Kota station, or taxi.
What’s inside : Interesting places or tourism objects you could see at Kota Tua, Jakarta are including Jakarta History Museum (which is also called as Fatahillah Museum), Wayang Museum, Fine Art and Ceramic Museum, Bank Mandiri Museum, Bank Indonesia Museum, Jakarta Kota Station (is also called Beos), Maritime Museum (Museum Bahari), Sunda Kelapa Harbor, Kota Intan Bridge, Syahbandar Tower, Batavia Café, Batavia Hotel.
1. If you’re a lover of historical tourism and is or interested in visiting Jakarta then Kota Tua is one of the object you must visit in Jakarta.
2. If you plan to visit other tourism objects at Kota Tua area by walk, it’s recommended to start your visit there since morning to avoid the stinging heat of the sun. You may need to wear a cover for your head like hat or umbrella and wear comfortable footwear. Besides by walk, you can also try to ride bicycle ojek to go along Kota Tua.
3. When you visit Kota Tua Jakarta in the morning, you may better go around the Kota Tua area first then continue by visiting the museums in the area at noon time.
4.Sunda Kelapa Harbor
Address : north jakarta
operational hours : free
ticket : free
how to get there : i recommend to you to use taxi or rent a car.
What’s inside : this is the most famous harbor since Jakarta was born. In colonial era sunda kelapa was the center of trading.
1. It’s better to wear head cover like hat or umbrella to protect you from the sun beam, since the climate is hot enough in Jakarta. It’s recommended to wear clothing that can easily absorb the sweat, and to wear comfortable shoes or slipper.
2. When you walk around the Sunda Kelapa Harbor area, there are usually some people try to talk with you and persuade you. They are local fishermen who try to offer a service to take you looking around at the sea by their boat. Usually the fishermen do not speak English, instead signs could be used to communicate. If you took the service the fisherman would take you around the fisherman village around the harbor and other sides of Sunda Kelapa Harbor that might be interesting to catch. The service fee is around Rp25,000 to Rp40,000 negotiable.
3. If you love photography i recommend to you to visit.
Address : north Jakarta
operational hours :
ticket : main gate Rp15.000/person .depends on which attractions you visit (average Rp50.000above /US$5 above)
how to get there : you can take Transjakarta from Harmoni shelter and take to ancol(ask the operator for more info) or
by Ancol touring train. The management of Jaya Ancol Dreamland Park provides touring train from other cities around Jakarta such as Bogor, Depok, Bekasi, Serpong and Tangerang. The touring train operated on Sunday and holidays. You may see Ancol touring train schedule as follow:
Tangerang to Ancol, depart at 08.05 am and return at 16.05 pm. Ticket fare is Rp19,500 (including return ticket).
Serpong to Ancol, depart at 08.30 am and return at 17.05. Ticket fare Rp19,500 (including return ticket).
Bekasi to Ancol, depart at 08.30am and return at 16.05pm. Ticket fare is Rp19,500 (including return ticket).
Depok to Ancol, depart at 08.48am and return at 17.05pm. Ticket fare is Rp19,500 (including return ticket).
Bogor to Ancol, depart at 08.25am and return at 17.05pm. Ticket fare is Rp22,500 (including return ticket).
What’s inside : There’re several recreation facilities you can find at Jaya Ancol Dreamland Park: Golf Course, Ancol Marina Bay, Art Market (Pasar Seni), Dunia Fantasy, SeaWorld Indonesia, Gelanggang Samudera, Atlantis Water Adventure, and Beach Park (Taman Pantai). Jaya Ancol Dreamland Park provides facilities for those visitors who wants to stay in the Ancol area. Visitors can choose between three hotels and one cottage provided which respectively are Raddin Hotel, Mercure Hotel, Wisata Hotel and Putri Duyung Cottage.
1. Jaya Ancol Dreamland Park is a tourism area which located on the seashore, which has quite hot wheather temperature.
2. The most crowded season at Ancol Dreamland Park are on Saturday, Sunday and holidays. It’s recommended to visit Ancol on weekdays if you do not like crowds.
6. pulau seribu (Thousand Island)
If you love to diving and do some water sport , you could visit thousand island, the location is in the north of jakarta near to Ancol.
Address : north Jakarta
operational hours : free
ticket : depends on which transportation you choose
how to get there : by the boat from marina ancol or by the fisherman’s boat from muara angke
what’s inside : beach,do some watersport
1. Foreign tourists are generally visiting the island that already have full facilities and infrastructure such as Ayer Island, Bidadari Island, Kotok Island, Putri Island, Pantara Island, and Sepa Island. Some of the management of tourism island (resort island) in the Thousand Island are offering a day visit to the island. Travelers depart from Marina Ancol Jakarta in the morning toward one of the tourism island and return to Jakarta in the afternoon.
2. Local tourists are generally like to visit Pramuka Island besides tourism island (Resort Island) in the Thousand Island. Th reasons for local tourists visited Pramuka Island is the price that is cheaper than tourism islands. However, it should be noted that the existing facilities at Pramuka Island is not as complete as at tourism islands.
3. If you do not really depend on complete facilities and interested in visiting the Pramuka Island then what you should know are that you can reach Pramuka Island by wooden ship that depart from Muara Angke port, Jakarta, every day on around 6 to 7:30 am. Return schedule from Pramuka Island to Muara Angke is every day at 1 pm. Transit time from Muara Angke to Pramuka Island or vise versa is about 2.5 - 3 hours. There’s no automatic transfer machine (ATM) at the Pramuka Island or at other islands in the Thousand Islands.
4. Pramuka Island has limited the source of electricity of which will be turned off several hours in the afternoon. It’s suggested not to turn on air conditioner until 21:00pm at night.
5. There are several home stay on Pramuka Island and lodging that is located strategically on the sealie Villa Delima (phone: 021 – 54373149). Usually the lodging in Pramuka Island would be fully booked on holiday season by groups of traveler.
6. Tourists are usually like to swim, snorkel and dive at around Pramuka Island. To make the traveling cost cheaper it’s recommended to travel to Pramuka Island with minimum three people. It’s because the cost to do marine sports activities (like diving and snorkeling) is quite a lot since you have to rent a boat to find good spots on the sea to dive or snorkel. If you visit with a group of people you can share the cost of renting boat.
7. Following are the estimation of cost/prices if you like to visit Pramuka Island: rent a lodging Rp200 - 350 thousand per day and can be used for 2 or 3 people, rent a wooden boat for half day will cost about Rp150 - 200 thousand, rent snorkeling equipment about Rp25 - 35 thousand, snorkeling instructors Rp60 thousand, rent diving equipment and instructors for a half-day about Rp300 - 500 thousand, freight fare by riding wooden ship from Muara Angke, Jakarta to Pramuka Island is Rp30 thousand for one way, freight fare by wooden ships from Pramuka Island to Panggang Island or vice versa is Rp3.000, and the price of food (rice + fish + vegetable) is around Rp10 - 15 thousand. Those prices was updated on January 2009.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!