Atlantic Hotel

Hugh Street, Isles of Scilly, United Kingdom

Atlantic Hotel Isles of Scilly Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Good lunch in the middle of town May 27, 2012
I arrived St Mary´s around noon and was looking for a place to have lunch. After a short stroll around town I ended up at the Atlantic Hotel. On the ground floor there was a small café. It was also possible to sit outside on the terrace. It´s a nice view of the harbor and town beach from there. Next to the Café there was a more elegant restaurant, which was only open for dinner.

The menu consisted mainly of fish and seafood, but they also had some options for the carnivores. After I had ordered Pan fried tiger prawns cooked with spring onions & lemon butter I realized that it was only a starter and not a main dish. The prawns were very tasty, but not enough, so I also ordered the Mixed seafood platter. A plate with salmon, makrell fillet, tiger prawns, crab balls accompanied with a salad garnish and aioli. Also very good.

To finish the meal I had a caramel latte, which came with small pieces of chocolate.

The atmosphere was nice, the food good and the service very friendly.

When I got the bill they had forgotten to add the coffee. I pointed the error out to them, and what seemed to be the manager just said that I could come back and have another coffee some other time. He didn´t add it. How generous! And I did come back for a Cinnamon latte and a sticky ginger cake later in the week. Lovely!

Hotel Atlantic was a good place to have lunch. If the same chef is on in the evening I would like to have dinner there as well.
Atlantic Hotel Café
Pan fried tiger prawns cooked with…
Dr_Seuss says:
Nice touch with the coffee, and it got you to go back 8)
Posted on: May 27, 2012