17620 Ventura Blvd., Encino, CA, USA

Ate-1-8 Encino Reviews

Cati Cati
May 21, 2007
I had passed by this Ventura Blvd. cafe many times, and each time its outdoor tables and chairs and brown awning with twinkly lights caught my eye. I finally got to test it out when I went there for lunch last Sunday. My friend and I were seated at a cute little table outside. It was basically on the sidewalk and perhaps the constant flow of cars driving by on Ventura Blvd. could be annoying for some -- but I thought it was quite fun. Ate-1-8 (which stands for the Valley area code (818)) is an Israeli cafe that serves a variety of Mediterranean dishes. Even though service was slow -- the waiters were incredibly nice and kept stopping by to make sure we were alright (and not in an obnoxious way like some waiters). I had a delicious mint lemonade ... seriously the most delicious thing I've ever drunk! It tasted like a mojito without the alcohol ... but so much better - if you can even imagine that. I ate a hamburguer with Israeli salad on the side. The hamburguer was so juicy and served with tomatoes, lettuce and rosemary aioli. The salad was the perfect thing for a warm day - a medley of cucumbers, tomatoes, cilantro and little bits of lettuce. My friend took the breakfast route - and had two fried eggs with potatoes and a bagel. Apparently their pancakes are delicious as well. It is definitely an excellent place to go on a Sunday afternoon when you have time a-plenty and can revel in good company, mouth-watering food, and genuinely friendly service.
Eric says:
You should be a food writer :P Valley pride!
Posted on: May 21, 2007

Compare Beverly Hills Hotel Rates (13.3km away)

Ate-1-8 Map