Ataruk Airport Shuttle

Istanbul, Turkey

Ataruk Airport Shuttle Istanbul Reviews

yarayarinha7 yarayari…
ATARUK AIRPORT SHUTTLE scam Feb 27, 2013
The ATARUK AIRPORT SHUTTLE is a scam!

I had booked and confirmed my shuttle bus from the Ataruk airport to my hostel and these guys didn't show up, didn't even bother canceling.

So I was left alone, very late at night at a strange city.

I had to take the metro and tram and felt seriously intimidated to be the only woman on the streets of Istanbul at midnight, asking around for my hostel.

I can not even desbribe how scared I was alone, lost in the middle of Istanbul. It's situations like this that put solo female travelers into real danger.

Seriously.... I can't believe how irresponsible these guys are!

This is their website: http://www.ataturkairportshuttle.com/index.php

I got their contact through the lonely planet forum.
IlknurI says:
Women entitlement. Do not ruin a company name like this. I work as a receptionist in a hotel that uses this company for shuttle services. They are the most reliable company for shuttle service and the 2nd most for private airport pick ups.

Second, Ataturk airport is very messed airport. You may as well did not notice their sign with your name. They do not scam, I even personally know their manager and he is a very, very honest person.

Third, I use Efendi Travel at our hotel for such kind of services. They have numerous awards for the best travel operator, so does the prestige ruined company you have posted about. Efendi Travel are really the best tour operator in Turkey and even they sometimes miss arriving customers. It happens and it happens often, due to how badly organized Ataturk Airport is. Nothing can be done about it. On top of that these companies are always sending questionaries to hoteliers on how they can improve their services and they have applied most of the suggestions given.

Additionally, I have seen personally how LonelyPlanet inspect hotels, before including them in their editions.They are god damn trustworthy.

Then keep in mind that the metro and the tram are safe and used by million of people on a daily basis. They are not dangerous, they are guarded, they have cameras.

Lastly, Istanbul is a big city with very different people. I am an ex pact here and I am still not used to this diversity. You can literally see everything in this city. However the city is safe. But one is always responsible for his own life. I would give some general advices for pick up services:
1. Book trough your hotel, not directly. Hotels use their own companies for such services, they will give you a way to communicate with the drivers of the shuttle.
2. In case of a misscomunication, use Airport Taxi. They have good and honest taxi drivers.
3. Dont be self entitled as a solo female traveller.Nobody owes you something, nor that is a reason to ruin someones reputation
Posted on: May 14, 2015
LaMasHermosa says:
Oops, I wanted to correct my previous post (but didn't see a way to edit it). The bus line I took was called Havaş. Just walk out of the airport gate and ask where the Havaş buses are. They charged about 10 bucks to go from the airport to the city center. They also have other stops. You can also take them to return to the airport at the same place where they drop off. They have certain hours that they run. It's a big nice bus but they can be crowded more so at peak times. There may be a line of people standing on the sidewalk waiting for this bus.
Posted on: Nov 10, 2013
LaMasHermosa says:
I took that shuttle. My flight arrived in the morning and I had to wait for their bus to show up and then it sat there waiting for other passengers. It drops off at certain places not directly at your hotel/hostel. From there you would have to walk or take a taxi. Traffic is usually very fast and can be unsafe at night if they don't see you easily, especially carrying luggage, etc.
Perhaps you weren't told about their fixed hours? I had a hard time distinguishing their bus from other buses stopping at the airport.
Ladies, take care when in Istanbul, I was almost raped in my own room by the hotel receptionist in Taksim square. Avoid hotels across the street or near a bar because they may have loud music. I've been to Istanbul a couple of times (prior to that incident) and nothing happened. Istanbul is huge and there are so many people there, stay alert. Don't put yourself in harms way, even if you have to pay for a taxi. I never arrive in a city late at night unaccompanied. Travel earlier in the daylight.
Posted on: Nov 10, 2013