Astons on Main Restaurant and Bar

03-577 9797

Astons on Main Restaurant and Bar Blenheim Reviews

glennisnz glennisnz
Astons-on-Main Apr 14, 2008
I was lucky enough to win a voucher for a meal at any restaurant of my choice in Blenheim, I chose Astons-on-Main, firstly because I had never been there for a meal and also because I have taken several parties there and back, in my taxi and they have told me the meal they had at Astons-on -Main was the best they have had in all of New Zealand, so I thought I should find out for myself if the rave reveiws were true.

I am here to tell you that the rave reveiws were all true and more.

This small restaurant is not well known in our town, it is part of a Motel complex, I thought it was just to service the Motels, but it si a full blown restaurant in its own right with a top chef providing the most wonderful meals all served so they look extremely appetizing. The waitress was very helpful too.

The garlic bread was great with our wine, my Chicken was just perfection and my Husbands fish was cooked prefectly and looked great, but the best was yet to come.

I decided I had to try the triple chocolate treat for my dessert. It was basically three desserts in one; a wonderful choc tart, a white choc pot with berries and toffee over the top, and a large dollop of choc and chilli icecream! Now you might think as I did, the choc and chilli would not be very nice, but you would be as wrong as I was; it was suberb almost sublime, just a touch of chilli was so refreshing.

I can recomment this restaurant to anyone, it is not cheap but you do get what you pay for. Luckily I had my meal all paid for. Thankyou.

Check Blenheim Hotel Deals