Assaggio´s

assaggiohi.com - (808) 396-0756

Assaggio´s Honolulu Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Nothing special Apr 11, 2010
Assaggio´s has six restaurants on the island of Oahu. We went to the one in Hawaii Kai. Assaggio´s is an Italian restaurant which has a good choice of dishes and with separate menus at lunch and dinner. They serve appetizers (hot and cold), salads, soups, beef, chicken, seafood and vegetables. You can order the mains in a small or large portion - very good.

The three of us ordered different dishes and we were all happy with our choices. I had the Scallops Alla Scampi Style (Scallops pan fried in olive oil and garlic with snow peas in a white wine butter sauce). The dish was very good, but I was not impressed when the waiter asked if I wanted parmesan cheese on top. Half of the parmesan he had grated landed in my lap. He excused himself, but made no attempt neither in helping me clean up the mess nor offer me a new napkin.

My favorite dessert is Tiramisu, so I ordered one to split with my friend. What a disappointment. It was the most boring Tiramisu I have tasted. It was dry and completely lacked Marsala and Cognac.

If you are a group of 8 or more they automatically add 18% service charge to your bill. If you are that many you can not get separate bills either. And there is an additional charge of $2.00 each if you decide to split an entree. May be this is normal in the US, but it is very strange to a European.

Assaggio´s is not an expensive restaurant, but a bit over the average. We went there on a Sunday so that might explain why there where so few people there. I had expected more style in a restaurant with white table cloths and fresh roses on the tables. I also found the atmosphere too dark.

Would I eat here again? Probably not!

Opening hours are:

Sunday - Thursday 11:00a-2:30p & 5:00p-9:30p

Friday & Saturday 11:00a-2:30p & 5:00p-10:00p

(Sunday - dinner only)
Assaggio´s, Hawaii Kai
anupa_rk says:
Very helpful reviews :) Thanks!
Posted on: Jun 19, 2010