AsiaJapanAsoAso Hostels

Check Aso Hotel Deals

Aso Youth Hostel Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
Cheap, but decent place to spent the night Jul 23, 2000
My first hostel experience ever. And most likely my only one. Not that it was a bad stay for 2 nights at the Aso Youth Hostel.

But I prefer more privacy and sleeping (at the time back in 2000) with 10 people in 1 room, isn't something I would do again. The bathroom was shared, but like the rooms, men & women were separated.

Overall my stay here was okay to good. The beds weren't that comfortable, but after sleeping on tatami floors for several nights, this was decent enough. No meals were included, so we had to get to our food & drinks at the nearby station.

The rooms were big, but it had bunk beds. Looking at newer photos online, I noticed they renovated the rooms. Our room was more dark (colours) and it was also wider. I was surprised that the beds were long enough for my height.

The owner back then was very friendly and really service minded. He picked us up from and brought us to the train station and when part of our group decided not to stay for a 2nd night (they wanted to see Nagasaki), he gave them a refund for 1 night.

For 2450 yen (around 23 euro or around 30 US dollars) at the current rate, you can book a dormitory for 1 night.
Airportman says:
The stay wasn't so bad, but I prefer a room on my own. But when I have to share a room with a small group, then it's fine for a night or two
Posted on: Apr 16, 2012
Paulovic says:
I think hostels are allright. But when getting older, more privacy is worth a lot too! :) And a 10 bed dorm is too much in my opinion! I did it once in New Zealand, drove me crazy! 4 or 6 is the max for me in general.
Posted on: Apr 16, 2012
Airportman says:
I can imagine you want to experience a good bed & room if you get the chance :)
Posted on: Apr 09, 2012