Asia de Cuba

495 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA, USA

Asia de Cuba San Francisco Reviews

worldcitizen worldcit…
Jan 27, 2008
Asia de Cuba is located in the Clift Hotel in Downtown San Francisco, close to Union Square. The restaurant is through the lobby in the back on the right side of the building. Take some time to enjoy the hotel lobby- it has a comical assortment of seating including the hugest armcair I've ever seen.

When we walked into the restaurant, it was apparent that most people there at the time were participating in Dine About Town. The options were a lobster club sandwich or a "Bento Box" which was a four course meal that had several choices. We looked around and the Bento Box didn't look very special but the lobster club looked good. My friend and I both had a lobster club sandwich which alone is normally $23... more than we paid for for our entire meal with the Dine About Town deal. The sandwich had a tasty ginger mango mayonaisse. The bread it came on was good and it had bacon which I usually don't like, but it added a nice flavor to the sandwich. We had a choice of two kinds of salads or mojito fries to go with it and we both chose mojito fries. These had basil, lime and garlic and were really good. Our meal also came with a choice of tea or coffee and Cuban Opera cake for dessert. The cake was good but not amazing like most desserts you get at expensive restaurants tend to be.

Overall, I had a good experience at Asia de Cuba, but I wasn't blown away. Which is why I gave it only three stars. I came in with high expectations because I've heard great things about the NYC location and you expect a lot from a place that's so pricey. The decor of the restaurant is nice but not very interesting. I think it could use huge dose of creativity. I'm glad I tried out Asia de Cuba- our food was good and the staff was really friendly. I just think you could find a much better value somewhere else!
thenewextrememimi says:
So many Dine about Town choices .. thanks for the review!
Posted on: Feb 23, 2008
sybil says:
mojitos.... fries.... mmmm.... great combo! :D
Posted on: Feb 03, 2008