Asia Scenic Thai Cooking School

www.asiascenic.com - 08 4640 0988

Asia Scenic Thai Cooking School Chiang Mai Reviews

magnificent magnific…
Learn to make some Thai dishes while having fun! May 06, 2010
First of all I want to point out that the cost is average to Thailand standards not ours. These whole day courses are about $25 and I have taken a local course that was a little over 2 hours and it was $59. Not even close with the kind of involvement.

Our cook, Liu was charming, fun, and entertaining. She made us comfortable and gave us wonderful cooking tips.

This school is located within the moat in Chiang Mai. They do come pick you up from your guesthouse or hotel.

The food was delicious and we got to take a beautiful cookbook with us. I took classes at 3 different schools and this one by far was my favorite. You can read more on my Thailand Trip blog.
One of many schools in Chiang Mai …
I am a natural!
Teacher's pet!
Time to grub!
magnificent says:
Yeah, it was lots of fun!
Daive says:
Thai cooking classes, cool! :)
vosking vosking
Cooking your own Thai dinner in a relaxed admosphere. Sep 12, 2008
After some recommendations last year from fellow Thailand travellers, we decided to give it a go this year. And what a great evening it was. I'll will do it again when I'm back in Chiang Mai.

We were picked up by car. Gay and her sister were our host for the evening. We were the only 2 who gave ourselves up for the course. (minor detail: it was in september 2008, when the political issue was in Bangkok and many tourists avoid Thailand)

We became a book with all kinds of thai dishes in it(starters,head dishes, side dishes and desserts). We were allowed to choose 5 different dishes and those where the ones we made that night.

We went to the local market to buy the ingredients and at the same time Gay told us everything about thai herbes and vegetables.

When we came at the cookingschool aka guesthouse, we started to cook. We made Pad Thai, Spring rolls, Red curry paste, Steamed red curry with fish in banana leaves and the dessert was banana in coconutmilk. And the greatest part of all, it tasted even like real Thai food.

It was a long and relaxing night eating, drinking and chatting about all kinds off things. Gay really made our day. When we went home, we became a handmade cookbook, with all the recipes in it. So, when your back home you still can make it yourselves.

I can highly recommend this cookingschool. It's very good organized, clean, only small groups, so no large groups. And if you do your best, you can make your own thai dinner.
Our teacher Gay and I.
At the local market.
All those different kind of vegeta…
Gay explain how to make a springro…
magnificent says:
I went here too and found it a great time. It is a fun and easy for learning. This was my favorite out of the three classes that I took.
Jacqinmiddenamerika says:
The food looks great!! Het lijkt me leuk om kooklessen in Thailand te volgen.. :-)
Posted on: Dec 20, 2009
travelfan1963 says:
Wow--it sounds like fun. I occasionally take cooking classes here in Houston but I'm afraid I'm not very good. :)
Posted on: Jun 02, 2009