Asia Hotel Bangkok

Asia Hotel Bangkok Rates and Deals

Asia Hotel Bangkok Reviews

tj1777 tj1777
Asia Hotel Apr 11, 2014
The hotel has got a fairly central location not too far away from the main attractions - though you might still want to consider taking a taxi to get there since the climate doesn’t really induce long walks in the heat and the cab fare is cheap. There is a connection from the first floor of the hotel to the train line - hence you can get to the airport by taking the train one station and then changing to the Sky train for the airport. In general the connection to the train line is pretty convenient if you want to avoid going by train so you avoid ending up in a traffic jam somewhere in Bangkok.

The reception is a big open area where you also find the breakfast buffet. The breakfast isn’t included in the room rate and neither is the Wi-Fi which I personally consider very old fashion not to include in the room rate these days. I don’t know how much they actually charge for internet since I decided to see if I could actually live a day without getting connected - I actually survived. The breakfast buffet is very well stocked with both Asian dishes and more European style breakfast dishes and is well worth considering if you want breakfast to start the day.

The room is fairly big with a bed and a couple of chairs at the window along a small coffee table. The room furniture seems fairly new and there is a flat screen television on the wall. The bathroom got a bathtub and what you would expect.

The room is on the fifth floor and there isn’t that much of a view - the window is facing towards a roof so we are looking out over a pretty boring roof towards some buildings in the distance - nothing spectacular.

The fifth floor is also home to the fitness center of the hotel and the swimming pool. The fitness center actually seemed pretty well stocked with different machines if you want to get some exercise - and I think it is actually air-conditioned so you should sweat too much if you want this sort of entertainment for your visit in Bangkok. It didn’t look like many people where actually using the fitness room at any time of the day. Behind the fitness room you find the fifth floor swimming pool. It is a decent seize so you can actually swim a bit if you like - we sort of had decided to try it out - but never got around to it. Hence I have no idea what kind of water depth there is in the pool - if it is actually suitable for swimming or just good for having a quick dip.

There is a cabaret show at the hotel at night time so you can for some entertainment at night. There are a couple of shows a night so you can go before or after dinner depending if you take the early or the late show. The hotel has also got a tour and taxi service if you like to use it.
The lobby
monky says:
Congrats on being featured Mickey! :D
vulindlela says:
Congrats!!
rsvpme says:
Feature congratulations are indeed, in order !
gingerbatik gingerba…
Convenient location right at Ratchatewi BTS station Apr 10, 2014
I have been here many times before to watch the ladies boy cabaret shows but never stay overnight in the hotel since the hotel price is a bit higher than other place nearby. Since it has a special discount through hotels.com, I thought it is the best opportunity to stay for a couple of night there since I like the location a lot, which is close to many shopping centre (my favourite shopping mall is Siam Paragon which is located 2 stops away from the BTS station from this hotel), restaurants, massage place, and mini mart and other shops nearby, the hotel actually has direct access to the BTS station – which from the BTS station can go directly to the hotel through the bridge connecting the building and no need to walk outside the station.

Check in is very easy and the hotel manager was very kind and speaks English very well, he showed me a couple of rooms to choose. I choose the room on the fifth floor which is close to the swimming pool since I plan to have a little bit of exercise there – but unfortunately I do not have time to use the pool since we were too busy to explore the city and the temples in Bangkok. The pool is spacious enough and more than enough length to do the lap exercise. The pool were surrounded by the hotel building and there is a small cafeteria sell drinks and food near the entrance door at the pool area.

We actually did not stay in the room much, we spent outside mostly which is quite a waste I thought, since the hotel has all the amenities from the pool, fitness centre, massage place and 3 restaurants under one roof. I did not get a change to get my cakes either which is a shame, since the bakery has a really good cakes here and very reasonable price. Anyway, the room is quite big, has one double with a couple of nights table next to it, a couple of sofa with a small table, a dresser, flat screen television and a rack to put the luggage on, a refrigerator, free tea and coffee in the room with water boiler, and free two mineral water bottle per day which replenish daily. Surprisingly the bathroom is quite small and compact, however it has a bathtub, and a handheld shower on it. Toiletries provided freely and plenty of toilet tissue which I really appreciated.

Breakfast is not included in the room price, but we opt to have breakfast in the hotel, since the buffet breakfast selection is really good and price wise is not that expensive compare with what you get from it. Plenty of Asian and western dishes during breakfast and you can order any style of eggs to your liking. The hotel cost THB1,700 - (= usd 53) per night including breakfast (which have to pay extra- but do not remember how much does it cost separately).

I enjoy my stay there and I would not hesitate to stay there again since the location is really good and the hotel also in a good condition even though the building is quite old.
bathroom
bedroom
dresser and luggage rack
bedroom
hayley499 hayley499
right in the heart of bangkok Jan 22, 2011
The asia hotel is a 5 miniute walk off the center of bangkok the hotel has its own bts station so its really easy to get around. Its very close to siam square for bars and shops and cinemas. The rooms are ok but could do with updating there a good size and beds are comfy and clean. The hotel has two pools which are ok. The hotel breakfast is good catering for everyone. The food in the resturante is ok but not great. I would stay in this hotel again but it wouldnt be my frist choice.
serene_lee serene_l…
Old but still okay.. Apr 25, 2011
Weighing up the costs, the only good thing about this hotel is it's close proximity to the skytrain and Siam Paragon. The breakfast is abysmal so we just skipped out and ate at Paragon when it opened. The rooms are clean and simple. There's nothing really remarkable about this hotel except for the location but there are plenty of other hotels in the area so I'd just choose another.
ladysith ladysith
Great value for money & location too! Jul 10, 2009
Another copy & paste from another website where I posted this.

We stayed at Asia Hotel during our 7th day in Thailand. The best time to be there too because Suvarnabumi Airport was closed that day (day 1 of riot and yes I'm being sarcastic). We were meant to be in Bangkok at 8am but we didn't get there until 7pm. Upon arrival, we dumped our bags and made our way to the BTS and got off at Siam. Had dinner at R Burger, the buns were made of the same dough used for steamed buns! Yum yum!

Day 8 - Breakfast at Asia Hotel was so-so. The hotel's rated 4 stars but looks like a 3 star, I guess standards are different around the world. My friend and I were scared walking along the corridors... it looks really eerie, like something out of a horror film.

We stayed there for 6 nights... by our 5th day, we just couldn't handle the breakfast food anymore, it was always the same thing.

I can't really fault the hotel, the location is perfect, the bed was comfortable enough, the service was surprisingly good (not the best) - the concierge was really rude and we found him to be a bit of a smartass, not helpful at all. But the housekeeping staff was very prompt everytime we request extra pillows and toilet paper.

The only thing I disliked about the place were the corridors... ok maybe the repetitive food too.
AudreyCMK AudreyCMK
Convenient Location. Mar 10, 2008
Mostly good. The hotel facilities are fine. The rooms are basic.

I like the convenience. The BTS is just located next to the hotel, it makes travelling around much easier. The breakfast choice is satisfactory.
jaaf jaaf
Nov 06, 2007
Asia Hotel is centrally located for easy access to all the business, shopping and popular attractions of Thailand's exciting capital city.

The only hotel with the BTS station attached/connected to it.

The hotel is about a 30-minutes ride from the airport and it is so convenient. It's a 3 star hotel, with 2 pools, indoor and outdoor, a gym, nothing to crow about. But all that is saved due to the accessibility of the place. It is right next to a sky train, Ratchathewi station which means you can get around Bangkok without taking a cab. And it is near all the major shopping malls such as MBK, Siam Square, Siam Paragon. You can walk down to Pratunam and Platinum Mall and Sukhumvit is only a 10 min sky train ride away, Chatuchak, also 10 mins train ride
Asia Hotel Lobby
siam siam
Nov 06, 2006
The Asia Hotel Bangkok is very good value for money for a four star hotel. Siuated on Phayathai Road, its handy for the skytrain giving you access to all the main business and shopping areas. The hotel amenities include two large swimming pools, a sauna and a health club

Asia Hotel Amenities

• Designated Smoking Area
  • Free Parking

Related Travel Blogs About Asia Hotel Bangkok

frist impressions
finally arrived in bangkok after 12 hour flight excited. took a whilel getting bags and thought passport control the airport is huge. jumped in taxi wed booked a couple of nights in asia hotel bangko…asia hotel bangkok while we found our feet. as we headed out of airport i rember thinking wow followed…
Travel
We started our holiday with a bus trip from Canberra to Sydney, the first time I’d been there. We had a few hours to spend in Sydney, so we had lunch and walked up Hyde Park and down Pitt Street …Bangkok until 11:15pm. We found our way out of the maze, caught a taxi (half the price of the airport bus) to our hotel (Asia
Heathrow to Bangkok to Asia Hotel
Twelve and a half hour flight on Thai Airways  was on time and good except for a couple of Londoners who got drunk and didnt really cause trouble , but remained standing in the aisle and ta…Asia 4* hotel where i have stayed before , noticing how congested the traffic into Bangkok is .   My plan…

Check Asia Hotel Rates and Deals