Ashtanga Bio-Organic Ayurvedic Therapy

No. 132/A/1, Negombo, Sri Lanka

Ashtanga Bio-Organic Ayurvedic Therapy Negombo Reviews

drmcflurry drmcflur…
Could be better Sep 11, 2012
Catering to travellers in Negombo interested in ayurvedic treatments this place has most of what you expect from an ayurvedic spa minus the luxury you get from high end spas. Since I was here only for a few hours before my flight I wanted to get an authentic ayurvedic massage that didn't hurt my wallet.

First of all the place looks alright. It resembled an ordinary residential house that was converted to a business establishment. With a small garden in front it was next to the main road that goes through Negombo.

The treatments that were offered was what you usually see in other ayurvedic spas but the difference is that they use their own massage oil and as with anybody who has tried an ayurvedic massage, the oils they use aren't really pleasant to the nose and they tend to stick on you even after you showered. One drawback from the experience was that the person at the reception didn't seem to know much about the products they were trying to sell. I threw a couple of questions about the massage oil (e.g. ingredients, etc.) and all I got were answers that might as well have meant 'I don't know but please buy our oil'. I chose to have the full body massage with steam bath which was good although I felt like a loaf of bread in an oven with the steambath. It felt really weird and it's hard to describe. It's like a wooden casket with your head sticking out and some coals underneath.

Anyways, it was good enough but I may try somewhere else if I do go back. They need a lot of improvement and training if they want to be considered seriously. I encourage any intrepid traveller in the area to try it but don't expect luxurious treatments on a comfy massage table.

Check Negombo Hotel Deals