Ashot Erkat Hotel

Check Sevan Hotel Deals

Ashot Erkat Hotel Sevan Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Beautiful view toward the lake Mar 28, 2013
We were lucky to find this place as we do not have any reservation at all. Basically we just hire a taxi to go around the area and we think it would be easy to find a hotel since it was low season. Unfortunately it was not the case, since it was low season, most of the hotel and restaurants was closed and not many tourist visit the area as it was too cold and still snowing.

We actually looking for a place to eat and this place has an outdoor restaurant facing the lake and it was open. When we go inside, it mentions has a hotel room as well and we check if they have room available for a night – unfortunately the staff could not speak English at all and we had to communicate with sign language and then one guy speak limited English but he was very willing to speak to us and actually guide us and follow us around.

We check the room and it was decent so we agreed with the price and take the room. I do not remember the cost but it was reasonable and we like the view from the room and balcony which facing directly to the lake. It appears we were the only guest at this place. And the funny things were, I though they would put in a new bed sheet for us, unfortunately it was not the case, so I was not sure if the sheet cover the bed was old or since last summer or autumn. Anyway, after clean up a bit since the room a wee bit dusty, we settle there.

In the room has one 3 setter sofa, desk, old television (not sure it was working or not as we do not try it).

I think the hotel was closed during winter time as the toilet tissue in the bathroom was moldy and luckily I had tissue prepare and the bathroom itself quite dirty.

Another surprise were the heater and the hot water in the shower. It was bloody cold in the room and the heater did not heat the room properly and luckily it has enough blanket to cover us but I still freeze my butt out.

In the morning when I take shower, the hot water was luke warm and in the middle of my shower the water turn into icing cold and I scream myself. It was one of my life experience had a very freezing cold shower in Armenia, brrrr…..

In the afternoon and night time, we dine at the hotel restaurant and we like the food. It was very nice and interesting Armenian local food and the guy who can speaks English explain the menu to us and he even gives free coffee to us in the afternoon and sit with us to chat. Unfortunately at night time during our dinner around 8.30pm, they asked us to leave the restaurant and carried all the glasses and wine bottle to our room as they were closing the restaurant and it seems we were the only guest in the hotel for the night without any people in it. So far this is the best experience in term of the basic accommodation with beautiful view and I remember the freezing nights all my life.
the room
old television (not sure if it wor…
the view from the room balcony
basic shower