Ashling Hotel

Ashling Hotel Rates and Deals

Ashling Hotel Dublin Reviews

syedfahmad syedfahm…
Good Hotel close to the Heuston Station Apr 10, 2012
This is not 4-star hotel as claimed on most sites, but there is nothing wrong with the hotel at all. I would give it 3.5 stars if there was the option.

Location:

Very Close to the Heuston Station, and perfect if you want to catch a train to get out of the city. It is just two-minutes walk from the station. The best to/from the airport is to take the Airport Link 747 bus which starts at the airport and ends at the Heuston station, and vice versa. The cost is 6 euros one way or 10 euros return. The hotel is NOT close to the city center, it takes about 7 minutes to get to the Abbey Station by tram which run till 11PM. I bought a daily pass for 6.30 euros which gave me unlimited access to the tram.

The hotel is 10 minutes walking to the Guinness Storehouse, and next to one of the National Museum (Decorative Arts). The zoo is also close by but I never went in that direction.

Room:

The room is basic but nice and clean. There was nothing wrong with the room, but nothing really to write about as well.

Amenities

They have a nice bar area and have a good breakfast buffet as well. The hotel has free WIFI, and it is quite fast. Though they claim that the WIFI works only in the lobby/bar/corridor area, the WIFI worked perfectly for me in the room as well.

They have a luggage store where you can leave your bags for 24 hours free of charge.

Please note that this used to be a Best Western property before, and their check-in time is after 2PM.
View of Ashling Hotel, Dublin
View from Heuston Station of Ashli…
Heuston Station (Dublin) which is …
View of Heuston Station from Ashli…
Jamal1280 Jamal1280
Jun 09, 2011
I reserved the hotel on hotwire.com for about $91 USD per night. The web site gave it a four-star rating. Was it really? In a word, no. At least not by my standards. But was it a disappointment? Absolutely not.

Check-in was rather easy and quick. The staff was very polite and answered any questions that I had. I took the elevator to my floor and found my room with no problem.

Upon walking in, I was actually impressed at the size of the room. You always hear about European hotel rooms being as cramped as closets, but the space here was ample. There was a flat-screen TV, two beds (one queen and one twin), coffee/tea maker, a phone and a trouser press machine (which I had never seen, never used and decided to avoid lol). The bathroom had a shower/tub combo and was stocked with towel and face cloths, but no wash cloths, which I found odd. I thought it was also peculiar that there was a radiator by no air conditioning in the room, nor was there an alarm clock of any sort. I've never stayed in a hotel that had neither.

It wasn't too big of a deal though. I washed with large face clothes in the shower, used my phone as my alarm clock and kept my window open to keep the room cool. Oh, by the way, the view was of some Irish apartments across the street. I heard some interesting sounds coming out of these places at night, particularly with my window open lol. But it was mostly quiet at night.

I had breakfast only one morning at the hotel, because it was rather expensive. But it was pretty good. It was a buffet style meal, and I actually got to try white and black puddings for the first time, which were very tasty. In fact, the only thing I didn't like about the food was the scrambled eggs, which tasted somewhat artificial.

The bar was a nice spot to hang out. They served pub style foods and drinks that you could enjoy either at the bar, at a table, or even while sitting on couches in the lounge area. The staff in both the restaurant and the bar were professional and courteous.

Overall, I recommend this hotel as a cheaper alternative to the city center accommodations. Though it's a bit outside of the center, the LUAS tram stop at Heuston station is very close by and fairly efficient. And though I didn't like not having air conditioning in my room, my stay was enjoyable. I'd consider staying here again if I find myself back in Dublin.
Outside the Ashling Hotel on Parkg…
The hotel lobby
The queen size bed. The other bed …
Stigen says:
Congrats on the feature , nice review :)
Liselore_Verschuren says:
Congrats on you featured review! :)
Glynnes says:
Congrats on being Today's Featured Travel Review.
rigo2011 rigo2011
Great hotel stay Mar 09, 2011
I really enjoy this hotel, the staff were helpful and the location was perfect. I have nothing bad to say about it, just that I recommend it to anyone.

Ashling Hotel Overview

A truly convenient location on the edge of Phoenix Park makes the Ashling Hotel a good choice for the leisure or business traveler to the area. The city center is only a mile from the front steps and many popular attractions and sites are within walking distance as well. Temple Street, the Guinness Storehouse, St. Audoen’s Church, City Hall, Dublin Castle, and Temple Bar are all less than two miles also. The Ashling Hotel is located on Parkgate Street and is only five miles from the Dublin International Airport.

The 225 rooms in the Ashling Hotel will come outfitted with climate controls, designer toiletries, high-speed Internet access, personal safes, full bathrooms, cable TV, and direct dial phones.

The Ashling Hotel offers visitors a wealth of facilities and services including a signature brasserie, popular bar, modern business center with meeting and conference rooms, on-site parking, a tour desk, laundry and dry cleaning service, 24-hour front desk, and a currency exchange.

Ashling Hotel Amenities

• Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels