Ashgrove Farm

Bass Highway, Elizabeth Town, Australia

Ashgrove Farm Elizabeth Town Reviews

goezi goezi
Tasmanian Cheese Factory Apr 10, 2008
It seems all the tour buses stop here because the carpark in front of the main building is broad and inviting. In fact there was a bus parked there when we pulled in to check out the Tasmanian Cheese empire known as Ashgrove Farm.

The building was well situated for the morning sun but it was too early for us to have coffee (or cheese scones) on the wide sunny deck so we walked straight on through and entered a room set out for viewing, tasting, and buying Ashgrove cheeses.

I did some viewing and my Aunty and Mother did some of the other two.

Moving in past this area we had a peek through to the curd room where the Cheese-makers were hard at their trade. It was interesting to see the various steps in the process and we were helped to understand what was happening by a friendly guide.

I then wandered down the hallway reading posters as I went, until I arrived at the cheese store. This was a very large room full of a great deal of cheese!

A video finished the visit for us, but had it been a little later in the day I'm sure we would've sat out on that inviting deck and enjoyed a nice lunch in the sun.

Check Elizabeth Town Hotel Deals