Ashfield House Hostel Dublin

Check Dublin Hotel Deals

Ashfield House Hostel Dublin Reviews

bohemiaworld bohemiaw…
Cute, clean and sociable Jun 24, 2016
I booked this through hostel world and paid 22 euros for one night in a 6 bed female dorm.

It was a cozy little room with an en-suite bathroom that had a shower, toilet and sink and was pretty standard. The soap dispenser was empty but there was a bottle of hand-wash on the sink, although I'm not sure who it belonged to as there was a girl who had been staying a while and had left her toothpaste on the side and shampoo in the shower so it might've been hers so bring your own just in case.

There was plenty of sockets to plug in and charge your technology - two sockets next the bathroom and two next next my bed.

I was really lucky with my roommates. I met two girls from Germany (travelling desperately) and a girl from London who were lovely. The other girl came back quite late but I didn't hear her come in at all and I think the other bed was empty.

This hostel offers a free breakfast from 7.30am - 10.30am but I can't tell you what its like because I didn't wake up until 10am. The girls in my dorm said they serve eggs among other things so sounded really good (I was just so tired after getting my bus at 4am and then staying up until 1am to chat to my dorm mates the night before). The hostel had a lot of space in reception and by the kitchen to sit and relax and chat to other travelers as well as a foosball table and a few comfy couches. Be warned that there is no lift and some of the rooms are up four flights of stairs, which is kind of annoying but the staff are friendly so I guess they can help you with luggage if need be.

Its not the prettiest hostel in Dublin but it was sociable and the staff were friendly, it was clean and had decent facilities so I would I say that if you are looking for a reasonably priced hostel this is going to be fine for you. The hostel doesn't have a bar but is very close to all the nightlife, supermarkets so you will definitely find lots to do near by.
dardeb dardeb
Very good perfectly located city hostel Apr 19, 2012
I chose this hostel for its location, which is really great, by O'Connell bridge, on the south side.

Hostel is very big. It has many floors and rooms. Some parts of hostel have an elevator, other side doesn't.

All rooms have ensuite bathroom, and there are no common bathrooms on each floor, which is a small downside.

Rooms are small and cramped. They put as many bunk beds as they could in each room. However, beds are very comfortable.

On the same street there are some night clubs, and I was there for the weekend, so I have to admit it's noisy. It didn't bother me, I slept great! Hostel offers ear plug, to help you sleep, which I thought was very nice.

Bathrooms were very decent, roomy, with working shower.

Staff was really friendly and helpful. They were happy to answer all my questions and requests.

Free breakfast included toast bread, boiled eggs, butter, jam, cereal, fruit, and fruit yogurt. Coffee and tea as well.

Free WiFi worked good in the lobby, but not in rooms upstairs.

Common areas are big, with several couches, and many tables.

They have lots of info on Dublin and Ireland.

I didn't take any photos, but you can find many on internet.

It's one of the better hostels I stayed in, and I had fun, met some interesting people, and would return.

Ashfield House Hostel Dublin Overview

The Ashfield House City Centre Hotel is located in Dublin making it one of the best hotels to stay at while in town. The Ashfield House City Centre Hotel boasts a convenient location with modern amenities in every guestroom and superb service. Each of the hotel's guestrooms offers internet access (wireless), ironing board, television, shower, separate shower and tub, mini bar, kitchenette, DVD/CD player. Guests can experience the high standards of comfort while staying at this luxury Dublin hotel with everything they need right on the site such as elevator, laundry service/dry cleaning, safety deposit boxes, tours. This hotel is characterized by a combination of modern comfort and traditional element of Dublin, making it a distinct accommodation. To reserve a room at the Ashfield House City Centre Hotel, simply select your dates of stay and fill in our secure online booking form.

Ashfield House Hostel Amenities

• CD Player
  • DVD Player
  • Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower