Ascott Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Ascott Hotel Kuala Lumpur Rates and Deals

Ascott Hotel Kuala Lumpur Reviews

tashgorgeous tashgorg…
Right at the heart of everything Aug 13, 2008
The Ascott has one of the best locations in KL if you are after exploring the City Center. It is literally a stone's throw away from the Petronas and the Suriya KLCC Mall, and the Menara tower is a 10 minute ride away. The party places are also just a walk away.

The lobby was minimalist and it looks bright. The suite had ample space, you have your own little kitchen and the amenities were ok, they had a component and DVD player that would make an awesome home-theater set. You have a small dining area and a couch and a works station. I liked that both the receiving area and the room had individual balconies.

Breakfast is served at the roofdeck and the pool was there too, overlooking the Petronas. There was also a sleek and sexy infinity pool!

The staff were helpful and kind, I'm just surprised that some of the concierge people were not able to answer some basic tourist questions.
Gracee and a dirty version of the …
KL skyline from our balcony
there's our room 1105 :)
Ascott ramp
gardkarlsen gardkarl…
Nov 06, 2007
We arrived late in KL and we took the KLIA Express to KL Sentral and for 16 RM we took a taxi to the Ascott. We came to the Ascott late at night and the lobby area is small but pretty nice. The check in was pretty fast and we got two key cards to be used for the elevators and the door to our room. We got room 1602 on the 16th floor and we were hoping to get a view to the Petronas Twin Towers but it seems like that is in another price category :-)

When we got to the room we were very impressed. As we walked into the room we realized that this was more of a flat. We came right into a room where we found a dining room table and four chairs, a work desk, a big sofa, a TV rack with a nice 26” Sony TV with a separate DVD player and sound system. One of the door lead to a small kitchen where there was a stove, micro, fridge/freezer etc. I have to admit that with the cheap prizes of food in KL we didn’t use it that much :-)

In our flat there were also 2 separate bedrooms. I went with Olav (a colleague and friend) and we flipped a coin to see who would get the master bedroom. I was lucky enough to win so I got the master bedroom which was the size (or bigger) than your average hotel room. I had my own TV with lots of channels on it, lots of draws and wardrobes to hang my clothes, a small safe, a huge bed etc. From the bedroom I had direct access to my separate bathroom witch featured a bath, a separate large shower, two sinks, toilet etc. There were not that many amenities…just the regular shampoo, conditioner, shower soap (from time to time), body lotion, shower cap etc. The bathroom it self was very nice with tiled floors and walls.

Olav got a room with two beds in it together with a separate bathroom as well but it was slightly smaller and the room was without a TV.

As we came here on business we decided to get online. So we asked for a modem to be sent to our room and we paid 250 Ringgit to have internet for a month (or you can pay 50 RM for a day). It was very easy to get online but I’m afraid that the internet was one of the very negative things about the Ascott. The internet connection was very unstable and it is very frustrating when you have to sit around and wait for the feedback.

As a part of the room there was also an ironing board and an iron so I could prepare my shirts before going to work each morning :-) There is also a laundry service at the hotel if you need stuff to be dry cleaned or washed.

The breakfast lounge is located on the 22nd floor and it has a great view to the Petronas Twin Towers. But the breakfast itself was not very impressive at least if you compare it to Asian 4 or 5 star hotels. But it did have the usual toast, croissants, some fruit, some hot dishes, etc. But they did have a pretty good coffee from a machine…it made an excellent cappuccino :-)

On the 22 floor you will also find a nice outdoor pool, a nice gym and even a Spa.

The Ascott is located near KLCC so it is an ideal location if you are going to be working there. It only took us 5-10 minutes to walk to Suria KLCC and that is enough when you walk in a standard office outfit in 26 degrees. It is also located close to the party street where you can find places like the Beach club and Rum jungle.

If you need public transportation you can take the LRT from KLCC or the monorail from around Hard Rock café. But it is very cheap to use a taxi to get around in KL so that shouldn’t be a problem.

The Ascott in Kuala Lumpur is not really a hotel…it is a serviced apartment if I’m not mistaken. The flat we had was great and spacious and it was nice to have some room as we were staying there close to 2 weeks. The room has light walls but I’m not sure I like the carpet being used. There we also signs that it might need a bit of maintenance (loose door stopper, stains on the curtains, etc.) We also had problem figuring out the light switches and the connection to the main switch. And the most negative thing was the extremely unstable internet connection that we struggled with.

So the conclusion is: if you are staying long and want a flat that can remind you of a home than this might be an option. But there are some drawbacks with this place but I hope that I have managed to describe both the good and the bad sides of the hotel in this review.

Ascott Hotel Kuala Lumpur Overview

A good accommodation in Kuala Lumpur for the long-term business traveler, the Ascott Kuala Lumpur is also ideally situated for those hoping to really explore the city too. It is directly adjacent to the Petronas Twin Towers and the KLCC Park, but only a short stroll to such sites as the Chow Kit market, the Putra World Trade Center and the great shopping of the Bukit Bintang and the Pavilion Kuala Lumpur as well. The Ascott Hotel Kuala Lumpur is located at 9 Jalan Pinang, and is 29 miles from the Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

The 221 rooms within the Ascott Kuala Lumpur Hotel will all come equipped with cable TV, kitchenettes, personal safes, high-speed Internet access, full-sized work desks, separate lounge/dining/ sleeping areas, full-sized bathrooms, and climate controls.

The Hotel Ascott Kuala Lumpur presents visitors with a huge menu of services and facilities to enjoy, including a swimming pool, fitness center with sauna, in-house restaurant, lounge and bar, dry cleaning and laundry services, concierge and tour desks, airport shuttles, business service center with banquet and conference facilities, onsite parking, daily breakfast, and even more.

Ascott Hotel Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes