Arya

(02) 584-6266

Arya Manila Reviews

regeene regeene
Not the best, But good enough Apr 13, 2011
I’ve always been a fan of persian cuisine, specifically their kababs & yoghurt shakes! Mmm… :-9

Before I came to Manila, I have always been a loyal patron (& supporter!) of Majid’s Kabab back in Davao City (which I already blogged about here). Mister Kabab in Manila just pales in comparison (although I once paid P300 for cab fare just to get a glass of their yoghurt shake LOL).

And then I heard about Arya. So, decided to give it a try… :-)

The ambience is nice & I just can’t help but be distracted by the beautiful tapestries & persian carpets decorating the walls.

They served a wide variety of products which are slightly in the upper price range of regular Persian food. (No, actually, it’s quite expensive :-)

I had the chicken (tandoori?) something with basmati rice (or whatever it is they called that SUPER long grain rice. Some of the grains were an inch long! Never had rice like that before).

To be honest I did not really fancy the chicken while I was dining in the restaurant, but surprisingly enough, it was simply delicious when I was eating the leftovers I had wrapped for to-go at home! Weird.

When it comes to their beef kabab though, I have to hand it to them. For now, THE BEST I have had in Metro Manila! The meat is so juicy & so plump. (But I don’t know why all kababs always have that hint of Durian taste to me. Dunno why…)

So anyway, would I recommend Arya? Yes. But only for their beef kababs. In the yoghurt shake department though, Mister Kabab still takes the cake. The chicken is good (but it is better after a few hours. Believe it or not, there are actually some dishes that taste better after letting them stand for a few hours). During my second visit I also tried their version of lengua (which means Tongue in spanish, & it is usually of an Ox), but I would not recommend it, even though it is just OK.

Check Manila Hotel Deals