Aruban Florin

Aruba
Aruban Florin - Aruban Florin coins.
Aruban Florin - 100 Aruban Florin banknote.
Aruban Florin - 100 Aruban Florin banknote.
Aruban Florin - 25 Aruban Florin banknote.
Aruban Florin - 25 Aruban Florin banknote.

Aruban Florin Reviews

SWFC_Fan SWFC_Fan
Aruban Florin (the official currency of Aruba) Feb 04, 2017
Despite being one of the constituent countries of The Kingdom of the Netherlands, Aruba does not use the Euro.

The official currency of Aruba is the Aruban Florin (AWG).

However, in practice, the US Dollar is accepted pretty much everywhere – in taxis, on buses, in supermarkets and in restaurants.

Sometimes we would make a purchase in US Dollars and receive our change in Aruban Florins. Or vice versa.

Many establishments displayed their exchange rates – generally 1.75 or 1.80 Florins to the US Dollar.

Most restaurants gave us a receipt with both Florin and US Dollar amounts.

I took my Visa Debit card in order to withdraw cash from ATMs in Aruba. The ATMs dispense both Aruban Florins and US Dollars. I made my first withdrawal, from an ATM at the airport, in Aruban Florins. I made all subsequent withdrawals in US Dollars.

My wife took British Sterling cash to change in Aruba. This proved something of a problem as it could only be done in banks (we asked at several hotels and casinos, but they all said that we would have to go to a bank) – we arrived on a Saturday afternoon and the banks were closed until Monday morning. When the banks re-opened on Monday morning, we queued for 20 or 30 minutes in Aruba Bank on "Main Street" in Oranjestad and Emma was able to change her Sterling into either Florins or US Dollars (but this is limited to £200 per person per day).

At the time of our visit, there were approximately 2.70 Aruban Florins to 1 GBP.
25 Aruban Florin banknote.
25 Aruban Florin banknote.
100 Aruban Florin banknote.
100 Aruban Florin banknote.
Aruba Map