Artisans Pizza

Jalan Teluk Baru, Langkawi, Malaysia
Artisans Pizza - Delivery Scooters.
Artisans Pizza - What I had...olives, mushrooms, pineapple and garlic toppings.
Artisans Pizza - What I had...olives, mushrooms, pineapple and garlic toppings.

Artisans Pizza Langkawi Reviews

trippinginnederland tripping…
Not the best tasting pizza. May 02, 2010
Pizza could be found in nearly any country. The problem is, would that country/city have some of the nicest and delicious pizza served?

When you visit a foreign country, you would wonder whether they're good at other kind of cuisines too. For some who might think it is foolish to eat cuisines which are available in their own country or perhaps pizza to be eaten in Italy only. Well, yes that can be true...I would like to try out the pizzas in Italy too.

About the place:

I remembered reading a recommendation of Artisans Pizza in TripAdvisor and I thought of giving it a try. They seemed popular since they have their own site and delivery scooters. Not much sitting space/area thus it is best to order for take-away instead.

The Pizzas:

Taking a look at the menu, they have MANY types/wide variety and choice of toppings too. That was rather interesting :) We ordered two different types of pizza. I ordered a vegetarian pizza with toppings I could choose from and I chose olives, mushrooms, pineapple and garlic. Odd combination to have pineapple in it but that was alright. My favourite toppings would be mushroom, ham and cheese. The two main ones are mushroom and cheese, very important to me for toppings.

When I got my pizza, it was sad because they didn't use fresh mushrooms but canned. I guess they were cutting cost thus they chose to use canned, if that was the case then it is fine. Garlic was raw, I could taste it (with the spiciness) and thus it wasn't all that good. It would have been good if they put partially cooked garlic on the pizza instead of raw before putting it into the oven.

Price:

As a tourist, and since the ringgit is lower than where we're from, you would think we would find it cheap. It wasn't that cheap and if I were a local, I would find it costly. It was close to 36-38 ringgit for two pizzas and 1.5 litre of water.

We had tasted better ones from other places. I have liked the ones so far in the Netherlands. Haven't been to Italy yet so I can't judge theirs.

Overall:

Everything's on the average. It wasn't the worst but it wasn't the best we had. It was a little costly and with that amount, we would rather spend it on ikan bakar and other dishes. Something more local and worthy.
Delivery Scooters.