Artisanal Fromagerie and Bistro, New York

2 Park Ave, New York, NY, USA

Artisanal Fromagerie and Bistro, New York Reviews

mrgishi mrgishi
Cheese and the City Jan 25, 2011
One of my favorite places in the city. I rarely repeat eateries in New York with so much to choose from, but the cheese at Artisanal keeps me coming back even if it's to pick up cheese to go. But having brunch or dinner there is also a treat ... topped off with a cheese course of course. Funny story, one of their great dinner dishes is chicken cooked under a brick. It's crisped to perfection and full of flavor. Well, one time when I ate there, my dining companion ordered it. After she was three quarters of the way through the chicken, she barely mentioned to me that there was a hair on her plate. For all she knew it was hers. On this particular occasion, she was not grossed out about it or outraged. But a manager was passing by and happened to hear her and insisted on given her another whole chicken. Of course she could not finish this second chicken, so she asked for it to be wrapped. The bus boy must have misunderstood, so it was thrown away instead of being wrapped. When she asked where it was, they were so embarrassed that they insisted she take home yet another whole chicken. So that will forever be known as the night of the three chickens (under a brick).
loveAntoinette says:
Posted on: Feb 08, 2011
mainhart mainhart
FUN FUN FUN Jan 25, 2011
My brother & sister-in-law took me to this place as a Christmas gift. They know I love wine and cheese so they thought this place would be perfect. The atmosphere is definitely old-world which I love. It almost felt like a movie set. The wine list was tremendous. I started out with a French cidre. It was more elegant than the ciders I generally have and much more reminiscent of the ones I had in the Basque Country of Spain. We then ordered the "Sinful" wine and cheese flight which was wonderful. I've done flights of wine before but never with a flight of cheese. What a great idea! We also had a wild boar appetizer. I love wild boar but it is hard to find in Manhattan. Very tasty. Finally I had the Trout Almondine which was so light and very flavorful. It was probably the best fish I've had in the USA. All in all a fun and elegant experience and one that I would do again!
portia portia
Dec 16, 2007
If cheese is your thing, this is the place to visit in New York. We had dinner there, with classic swiss cheese fondue, the assiette de charcuterie et fromages (assorted cured meats and cheese, fresh and dried fruits) for the table. A very good fish soup for my husband, and delicious onion soup for the rest of us. For dinner, the 7-hour lamb shank at $26.50 was very tender and way more than I could finish. Of course their breads were superb. We were very happy and full!

Then from the cheese counter, we ordered (to go) their specialty bread with nuts and it was super tasty. A Colston-Bassett Stilton cheese (at $25 a pound) and a Keen's cheddar ($26.25 per pound), both were very very good. We strongly recommend people order some to go to prolong the enjoyment of fine cheeses!
the cheese counter inside the bist…
loveAntoinette says:
OMG Artisinal is also one of my favorite places here in the city! I've always thought cheese just doesnt taste as good as the ones in France, but this place brings the great flavor across the Atlantic! I wonder if they're participating for Restaurant Week.
Posted on: Feb 08, 2011
portia says:
We found out they have a web site too where you can order online! http://www.artisanalcheese.com/
but going there is an entirely different aroma experience!
Posted on: Dec 26, 2007
Kana says:
Ahhh, I need to try this place some day!! :)
Posted on: Dec 26, 2007