Artis Zoo and Planetarium

Plantage Kerklaan 38-40, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Artis Zoo and Planetarium Amsterdam Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Zoo with a twist Apr 12, 2012
I enjoy my day out in this zoo. Amazingly this place offered so many different attractions, from the animals show, feeding time, aquarium (not that impressive but enough to have a good view of different fish and live coral), and planetarium.

I love the side cafe next to the canal with flamingo birds around it and plenty of trees, it's beautiful. The food and beverage price is reasonable and the staff is attentive.

when I arrive in the morning, not many people however by the afternoon, the place was crowded. It cost 18.95 euro.
ChunkyKarma ChunkyKa…
Fun day out in Amsterdam Jun 19, 2011
I went to Artis Zoo in 2009 in August. The zoo is huge so you would need to set aside a whole day or afternoon to visit this attraction and get your money's worth.

One highlight of the zoo is the butterfly sanctuary, it's beautiful in there. Perfect for wildlife photographers interested in butterflies; I got some really gorgeous shots of them.

All in all a brilliant day out. Something different to do in Amsterdam if your not after the stereotypical Amsterdam experience.
LoLaV LoLaV
big and great zoo Sep 10, 2010
I went to the zoo on a calm day. The price of the zoo was good in my oppinion, because it is a big zoo in the middle of the city. They have all kinds of animals and special buildings with information about some animals, like a small 'museum' about animals in the sea and in the woods. They also have a pancake restaurant and a restaurant with; fries, snacks, bread, soup, sandwiches, drinks etc.

It was rainy on the day I went to the zoo, but all the animals where outside. For some animals you have to search in their cage, because they were hiding from the rain. but that's no problem when there are not much people.

For children is it okay and safe.
Chloelf Chloelf
Artis Zoo - Pass Mar 23, 2008
Artis Zoo is located just outside the centre off Amsterdam, twenty minute walk (thats if you don't get lost like me) haha! Its a big enough zoo with a wide range of animals such as monkeys, lizards, lions etc. There is also a planetarium in the zoo but I didn't go in there. To be honest I thought the place was overpriced and underwhleming. There wasn't a lot of staff there around the place. I was really annoyed when I saw a polar in a small enclosure, he was brown witht the dirt instead of white like he should be, he just paced back and forth over and over again. I normally don't mind zoos as long as the animals are looked after properly and they have a proper habitat to live in. Other than that it was only ok.
Devika1985 Devika19…
Sep 13, 2007
If you're in Amsterdam and are bored (yeah.. like that will ever happen) okay I have to rephrase that.. and are looking for something nice to do.. you can go and visit the Amsterdam city zoo Artis.

A very nice animalpark wich also has a butterfly garden where you can find over 1000 butterflies from 20 different sorts. There are some nice aquariums, a reptile area and an insect area *yek*

Ofcourse Artis also has a lot of other animals but there are some different expositions that can be seen aswell and you can also visit the Artis Planetarium. The Planetarium is a big movietheatre in wich the guest is totally surrounded by the moviescreen. You are really in the movie then. There are different movies to see who are all about nature and animals. Downside to this is that the commentary is in Dutch!

Children from 3/9 pay 14 euros

Adults pay 17,50
Internet photo Artis
Traveling_Brian says:
All the zoo's I've been to as an adult have been disappointing. All they do is lay around and sleep all day. Its very sad.
Posted on: Nov 04, 2007