Arthur's Tavern

57 Grove Street, New York, NY, USA

Arthur's Tavern New York Reviews

missandrea81 missandr…
Aug 24, 2005
Arthur's Tavern is a live jazz and blues night club in the West Village. There is no cover charge for their events. So be nice to the musicians and make sure you drop a couple of dollars in the bucket when it's been handed around. I am not a specialist but I have loved every performer or band that I have seen here so far. I have been to this place a couple of times and I just love how it makes you feel homey right away. It is not to big so if you have lots of friends with you make sure you come early enough to get a seat otherwise just squeeze in a corner. It's worth it. You walk in and it looks more like one of the Irish pubs. The Christmas lights, Halloween ghost and Hanukkah decorations are on the walls and everywhere else. They are never being taken down either as far as I have noticed. Which makes it just more unique. The bartender is nice and so are the few waitresses.

Arthur's Tavern is located at 57 Grove street, right of 7th Avenue South, across from Sheridan Square. If you are taking the subway here you'll have to get out at Christopher Street Station and walk one block south on 7th avenue.

Oh and they do NOT except credit cards so bring your cash people!
missandrea81 says:
Yeah, Raymond. The music has always been good when I went.
Posted on: Aug 05, 2011
saintgl says:
I love this place. On late weekend nights, they feature a band that play mostly retro funky music, and they are awesome!
Posted on: Jul 24, 2011