ArtScience Museum Marina Bay Sands Singapore

Bayfront Avenue

ArtScience Museum Marina Bay Sands Singapore Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
The Welcoming Hand of Singapore Dec 07, 2011
This is the building which looks like a lotus flower floating beside Marina Bay Sands Resort. It is set to house major international traveling exhibitions from the most renowned collections in the world.

I must say as a Singaporean this is an architectural breakthrough in Singapore since I am honestly not impressed with the architecture we have here (architecture has never been a big thing in Singapore). But of course, the designer is NOT a local as expected.

This lotus-inspired building is designed by a World renowned architect, Israeli-born Moshe Safdie who have done Montreal Museum of Fine Arts & Yad Vashem Children's Holocaust Memorial.

I believe the underlying philosophy of the museum is to highlight the creative unity between the arts and science despite their obvious differences. Thus therefore there will always be an exhibition (a movie) called A Journey Through Creativity.

I was there to watch the Vincent Van Gogh and Dali exhibit. At the time, they were also exhibiting Shipwrecked: Tang Treasures and Monsoon Winds. I dont understand why they keep publicising abt the Shipwrecked Exhibition which turns out to be a real dissappointment. Its just showcasing thousands of plates and bowls (broken or not) and not cleverly displayed.

I was very happy with the Vincent Van Gogh & Dali exhibition since this is the 1st time Dali's works were displayed in Singapore.

Theres a lift to bring you to each floor, i think theres about 4 floors. Tickets costs about $28 if I recall correctly. Check-out for credit card promotions. Theres a small cafeteria at the basement and a souvenir shop too. I find the souvenir pretty expensive.

So if you are into Museums, willing to spare some cash & have a few hours to kill, go check it out. I spent about 3 hours here. However, please check their website 1st before going down as they have a tendency to close the place for private events.

Sorry I did not take any photos of this place cos I dont want to mistaken for a tourist in my own country lol!!
ArtScience Museum Marina Bay Sands Singapore Map