Art Renaissance Restaurant

11am - 12 midnight

Art Renaissance Restaurant Dubrovnik Reviews

starship1 starship1
Art Renaissance Restaurant May 07, 2017
Tucked away from the Stradun in a quiet passage, the Art Renaissance Restaurant lives up to its name through its Italianate décor and ambiance. We would not have found this tiny gem of a restaurant had it not been for a man standing on a corner of the Stradun encouraging visitors to lunch there, and we were awfully glad we gave it a chance because we were not disappointed.

The interior of the Art Renaissance Restaurant was beautiful with its vaulted ceilings and the delicate, lovely paintings throughout. The restaurant was cozy without feeling confining and the seating very comfortable. As special as the interior of the restaurant was to us, the al fresco or outdoor seating was quite special too. Tables set on stone passageways and arranged under the stone arches were so inviting and atmospheric in the day time that it must be magical in the evening when lit by candle light or fairy lights.

The regular menu offered a good range of dishes from seafood to pastas and beyond. However, as there was a good tourist menu with several choices of entrees and included a glass of wine or beverage, we opted for that. It was a little difficult to decide on an entrée but finally Rick chose the mussels in wine sauce, and I had the chicken and vegetable skewers with French fries. We were surprised when the waiter brought us an excellent appetizer of tuna with toast before our meal. We were both more than satisfied with our entrees when the waiter again unexpectedly brought plates of a very nice dessert crepe sprinkled with powdered sugar for each of us. The crepes were light and a perfect end to the meal. While some would not be satisfied with tourist menus, I usually am. While I like good food, it does not need to be gourmet for me.

The service here was excellent, portions were generous, and we definitely wanted to linger longer, but at the same time we needed to leave if we wanted time to walk Dubrovnik’s walls.

Our lunch was an amazing bargain at €7 each plus tip. If we find ourselves in Dubrovnik in the future, there is no doubt we’ll return to the Art Renaissance Restaurant.
starship1 says:
Thanks for the congrats and all the smiles, Holger! I agree with you, but I think in this case people would be less likely to find this particular restaurant (because it is really tucked away) if someone wasn't standing on the Stradun to alert customers to its whereabouts.
HORSCHECK says:
Sylvia, congrats on your featured review. I must admit that I usually don't like it when people seem to have to encourange customers to come to their restaurant, but this one really seems to be a great find.
starship1 says:
Thanks for the congrats, and especially for reading my review!!

Check Dubrovnik Hotel Deals