Arpeggio Restaurant

021 883 9623

Arpeggio Restaurant Stellenbosch Reviews

to_see to_see
A Fake and Overpriced Italian Restaurant Oct 15, 2011
Very disappointing. I found the restaurant over priced for what it offers, quality is merely a facade.

Firstly, the staff weren't of the best stock. Our main waiter (there were three) was extremely uncomfortable the whole evening, and spilled wine all over the table. The lady who clears your plates and brings your food needs to go back to finishing school so she can learn to smile.

The food was a complete disappointment. I had penne Puttanesca. They use packet (dried) pasta instead of freshly made egg pasta, and the sauce was over cooked. However a complete no no was the olive oil: they merely use a 'oil seed blend' and not real olive oil. You could see this by observing the colour and noting the taste, and this was confirmed by the bottle that I spotted standing near the kitchen.

My main course was about R88 - a complete rip off considering the pasta and olive oil on the table. If you do end up on going, order a 'medium' portion (if you are having pasta) unless you want to have to stuff yourself to death. The portions are massive.

In summary, I wouldn't recommend Arpeggio Restaurant. I suggest you seek out another alternative.

Check Stellenbosch Hotel Deals