Aéroport Nice Côte d'Azur

0 820 42 33 33

Aéroport Nice Côte d'Azur Reviews

EmyG EmyG
Nice Côte d'Azur Airport Jul 09, 2015
Nice Côte d'Azur Airport is the third busiest airport in France. It serves both the southeast of France as well as the Principality of Monaco. Monaco has own airport but it serves only private jets.

Nice’s airport has two runways and two passenger terminals: Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. It is located on a some kind of peninsula and landing / taking off here gives amazing views. There is nothing better than landing next to the sea! Nice Côte d'Azur Airport is about half an hour away from Nice-Ville train station. There are local buses and airport buses, making it easy and quick to get to the city. My hotel was not that far from the airport so I decided to walk.

The airport is small. When I arrived to France I didn’t even notice when I left the airport. There was one door and after I went through it I found myself on the Promenade des Anglais – the main area of Nice. When I was going to depart, my way from the check-in stand to the gate took me less than 1 minute.

What can I say about the airport? Well, european airports were certainly not created equal. After visiting Paris, Warsaw, Frankfurt, Munich, Istanbul, Brussels’ airports I really thought Nice’s one will look like one of them. Instead I found an airport that lags far beyond its counterparts in the continent.

As for interior. Well, I found this airport a bit disappointing. From an airport that serves the French Riviera and movie stars from whole the world (Cannes Festival) I expected something more modern. Terminal 1 (this one I used) has no restaurant or bars. Once you go through security, just two or three snack huts that all charge €3.60 for a small bottle of water and serves poor food!

Seating place is very, very limited. Hard to get a free seat. And even if you find one, the seat is not design for comfort. The airport is terribly crowded. It serves yearly the same amount of people that Warsaw does but is few times smaller. So you can guess how packed it might be, especially in the summer. They need to add some seats because people have to sit on the floor!

I found it also very difficult to get an answer on any question here. It’s not because people weren’t friendly.They seemed nice in fact. But it’s because they don’t use English. Well, but that’s France after all. It seems that French people are allergic to English (and any other languages as well).

Wifi, the most important thing nowadays (yes, that’s an irony), works well and is for free.

Everything here is expensive! But firstly, it’s France, secondly it is the most famous summer resort of France and maybe even of Europe and finally, it’s an airport! That explains the sick prices.

I get to the plane by bus. I prefer getting there directly from the airport's area. But nothing to do. Not me to decide. My bus circled the airport slowly. Then it stopped next to the plane. Doors stayed closed. I had a lot of time admiring the plane that I was going to fly to Brussels with. I observed nothing interesting in doing that! I’m not sure if there was an air condition in the transfer bus. The bus was packed terrible so it was hot inside. I had a feeling that they tried to squeeze the whole plane of people into one bus. Then one guy from the ground service came and opened the doors and … told something in French. The bus was packed in 50% by Asians so it was quite obvious that they were tourists. But still … he didn’t bother to tell that in English. I „love” France for that. We stayed in the bus and the heat wave hit us. With AC or without, it was better when the bus’ doors were closed.

So while I absolutely loved my stay in Nice, I was not impressed by this airport at all. However, considering this is the only airport in the area, it's not like you can be picky on where to fly into or out off.
Goodies
rsvpme says:
twas a Powerful feature...methinks ..:)
EmyG says:
It's 4th day already >,
rsvpme says:
Congrats on a three day feature..:)

Check Nice Hotel Deals