Aroon Rai

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Aroon Rai Chiang Mai Reviews

therealellbee thereale…
Cheap, Tasty Authentic Northern Thai Cuisine! Jan 03, 2013
I absolutely love this place. It doesn't look like much, but it's all about the food here. I've spent a lot of time in Thailand over the years and I really, really love my food, Asian food, and Thai in particular. One of my favorite dishes in the world is Khao Sawy. I have tried a dozen or so different places in Northern Thailand and nowhere comes close to the Khao Sawy that you get at the Aroon Rai Restaurant in Chiang Mai. Other Excellent dishes not to be missed (as long as you are not a vegetarian of course) are the Pork and Ginger Curry and the Chicken and Potato Curry - both to be eaten with Sticky Rice - amazing! I don't know what the prices are like now as it is a couple of years since I was there and the value of the Baht has increased since then, but they ranged from 25 baht (for the Khao Sawy)to 40 Baht (for the Pork and Ginger Curry) which is simply excellent value They also sell curry packs of all their curries that you can take home and make yourself, which although very good, will never be quite the same as freshly cooked. No visit to Chiang Mai is complete without eating here! Enjoy!!!

Check Chiang Mai Hotel Deals