Armadillo Willy's

2260 Bridgepoint Parkway, San Mateo, CA, USA
Armadillo Willy's - 02 - Outdoor dining...that's John
Armadillo Willy's - 00 - Armadillo Willy's in Foster City/San Mateo on a Saturday afternoon
Armadillo Willy's - 01 - Exterior
Armadillo Willy's - 03 - John's burger, I forgot what he got though.
Armadillo Willy's - 04 - My Hickory Bacon burger with corn salad side

Armadillo Willy's San Mateo Reviews

madeleine madeleine
average place for ribs with some great daily deals Sep 03, 2008
*** Updated on 9/3/2008 ***

Dropped rating from 3 stars to 2. Been here two more times and food was mediocre at best. For the price, the food is not worth it unless it's for their 1/2 priced burgers on Saturday afternoon.

I had their full rack of ribs and was very unsatisfied. Wasn't a lot of ribs and the meat was chewy.

Tried Armadillo Willy's again and had their tri-tip sandwich. Um, gross. My mouth and teeth had a workout that evening trying to chew the meat. Bleck.

Original Review:

If you're already in Bridgepoint Parkway shopping in San Mateo/Foster City, or nearby, and don't feel like traveling more than a minute for food, Armadillo Willy's isn't so bad. John and I were running errands Saturday morning in the plaza and were just too lazy to drive somewhere for lunch.

The special of the day was half priced burgers! Every Saturday from 11am-4pm their burgers are half off. Average burger was $6.50 and came with one side, so for under $4 a person...we knew what we were eating.

Looked like all burgers had 1/3 pound of meat, just different trimmings. What caught my eye was the Hickory Bacon Burger - bacon, jack & cheddar cheese, BBQ sauce, grilled onions, onion rings, mayo, lettuce and tomato. hmmm, yum.

It was a beautiful day outside and fortunately there's outdoor seating. We waited probably 5 minutes until our buzzer buzzed and picked up our food at the counter.

Verdict - Pretty good. For $4, the burger was a good meal and filled me up for the afternoon. It's not a burger I'd recommend friends to go out and get, but if you're in the area and craving a cheap burger for a Saturday lunch, go for it! Their BBQ sauce, in my opinion, is kinda weak and isn't very flavorful.

Service - pretty much non-existent. It's a restaurant where you find your own seat, get your own drinks and serve yourself.

hmm, monday night is all you can eat ribs... I know what I'll be trying next ;)
00 - Armadillo Willy's in Foster C…
01 - Exterior
02 - Outdoor dining...that's John
03 - John's burger, I forgot what …
fearlessflyer82 says:
I wrote a review of their location in Dublin recently and when I went I had the same exact burger you had!
Posted on: May 10, 2008