Arizona Renaissance Festival

12601 East Highway 60, Apache Junction, AZ, USA

Arizona Renaissance Festival Apache Junction Reviews

kingoftheicedragons kingofth…
Huzzah May 10, 2011
I have been to a number of different renaissance faires now, mostly in the US Midwest. In fact, the Arizona renaissance faire is the only one that isn’t located in the midwest. Most of these faires tend to be similar to one another. Some may be somewhat different—the one in Twig, Minnesota, and Des Moines, Iowa, have been smaller festivals; the one near St. Louis, Missouri, features the French renaissance as opposed to the English renaissance.

The Arizona faire isn’t the largest, but perhaps one of the largest, with 12 stages of outdoor entertainment, along with jousting. Perhaps it’s because I’m starting to get a renaissance festival fatigue, or perhaps because we only spent a few hours here, and what we did spend there was rather rainy and wet, so we didn’t even come close to covering most of this faire. But I didn’t find anything at this particular festival to set it apart from the others. Had the weather been nicer, and we had spent more time here, I may have had a different opinion and found something to set it apart, but as of right now, I’d have to say that this is just another average renaissance festival, and if you love ren faires, you will likely love this one as well.
Trumpeters at the jousting arena
Bell musician