Aristoteles Beach Hotel

Check Afitos Hotel Deals

Aristoteles Beach Hotel Afitos Reviews

EmyG EmyG
4 stars? Really? Jan 14, 2014
This is one of these hotels which have 4 stars but don't deserve it. It is located on the first peninsula of Chalkidiki - Cassandra, but has also a view of Sithonia - the second finger. It is located far away from any town, I would say it is totally isolated. But still location is the best aspect of the Aristoteles Beach Hotel. The hotel complex comprises of 8 separate amphitheatric buildings. As a result, almost all of the rooms have a view of the sea. The location of this hotel offers the visitor direct access to the half sandy, half rocky beach through a characteristic footbridge, leading via an elevator to the blue waters of Toroneos Gulf. This is a really unique way to the beach. Honestly I have never seen such a beach's elevator elsewhere. The beach looks really amazing from the top of the hill, like a secluded bay, but after reaching it, it loses all the glam. It's hard to walk there without shoes. My advice is to buy special shoes for water since among the rocks you may find many sea urchin. If you don't like such beaches you can always use the hotel's pool. The hotel has a small indoor pool, which is pretty cool. When I was there I shared it mostly with Greeks, Serbs and Russians. The food was okay too, but if you like greek cuisine it is not the best place for you. Spaghetti and meatballs are not so Greek, right? Sometimes we didn't have dishes and we had to wait for someone to finish the meal to get them. Rooms are rather poorly furnitured, but since it is an old, not luxurious hotel it doesn't surprise that much. Before going there I read that the hotel was recently renovated but I guess it wasn't. The room I had was probably untouched since the inaguration in early 90'. But I must admite that they are clean and spacious. We had a studio, with one small bedroom, a small bathroom without a window and a big sitting room also with a bed. The reception was the most nice and decorated part of the hotel. Workers didn't speak English well. For "welcome" they asked in a first sentence if we speak Russian so I guess this hotel must be destined mostly for Russians. Would I go there again? Hmm... I would not choose this hotel again, and location ... also not. A lesson for future to check hotels better before booking and stop looking only on the low price!
The pool
Hotel
Hotel
The pool
Ils1976 says:
That happens to me also, but till now I have been lucky ... maybe I should consider it as well! :)
Posted on: Jan 15, 2014
rsvpme says:
View better than value perhaps...
Posted on: Jan 14, 2014