Argonaut Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel

Argonaut Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel Rates and Deals

Argonaut Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel San Francisco Reviews

Capermel Capermel
Well decorated, Great Location, Comfortable Oct 26, 2013
I went here with my boyfriend so it's not the typical place I would stay. He prefers more 'high end' ... I can't remember the exact cost but I think it was $350-$400 a night. I know it wasn't less than $325 a night. We went during Canada Day Long Weekend (Which shouldn't really affect the States) however the gay pride parade was in town which brought in a lot of tourists and perhaps that's why it was so costly. As with any hotel, time effects the cost. The hotel was decorated beautifully and it is located in Fishermans Wharf which is great. The staff went out of their way to find us tickets to Alcatraz (Which was sold out for weeks). The café that is in the hotel is great; looks so neat ! I wouldn't recommend this place if your travelling alone (Unless you have a 'high' budget)... Personally when I travel alone I go cheaper anyway.
The room. Nice, clean, comfortable…
The lobby.
Eric Eric
Nice boutique hotel near touristy areas Apr 29, 2011
I like staying in Kimpton hotels, and the Argonaut in San Francisco lived up to my expectations. The room was expensive (~$220 after tax), but we got a parking package that included complimentary valet parking. Given that parking in SF, especially by Fisherman's Wharf, is insanely crazy and expensive ($40+ a night in many hotels), this was a nice deal.

Just a quick note about parking, because we had to circle around once before we figured it out. The street gets pretty busy with cars and pedestrians so it can get a little hectic looking for the right place to valet. The valet drop off is at the main entrance of the hotel, on Jefferson St. It's a one way street, and the hotel will be on your left at the corner of Hyde and Jefferson.

The decoration of the room/hotel seems a bit kitschy at first, but the quality is still very nice. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are big (a rarity in SF!). The bathrooms are fairly small and average, but the amenities are nice. If you've stayed at another Kimpton hotel, you'll pretty much know what to expect in this department.

The location is great for first time visitors to SF, but if you want to get out of the more touristy areas (which I'd recommend), we found it really convenient to have a car. Even though the immediate area around the hotel can be hectic, you are really close to main streets like The Embarcadero/280, and Van Ness/101, which makes navigating to the freeways a breeze. You're also really close to the Marina and Pacific Heights, which have more nice shops and restaurants and are less touristy than the wharf.

I'd definitely stay here again, and would highly recommend it to first time visitors to SF.
Comfy bed
Small but decent bathroom
X_Drive says:
Sounds like a good place. :)
Posted on: Apr 29, 2011
fritabandita fritaban…
The Argonaut Nov 13, 2010
I couldnt think of a negative thing to say about this place if I tried! Its just a few steps away from all the action whether your looking to hang out at the Wharf, grab a bite to eat at the Boudin Bakery, have a snack at Ghiradeli, jump on the cable car to China Town. Your options are endless! The staff is insanely friendly and up to date on all the happenings in the area. Often times, they have freebies at the front desk. So be sure to ask! We were able to score some tickets for a show at the Hard Rock. The wine hour is a great way to meet and greet. Granted, I was not of age, I still had several options and there were plenty of snacks. The seating in the lobby area was very comfortable and nearly everyone could find a place by the fire to thaw out. I didnt think it could get much better. And, then we turned in. Who could say no to down feather? I couldnt. And the complimentary pajamas, slippers, and bathrobes.. Yes, please. I liked the fact that we could open the window, too. We didnt have an amazing view, but the smells that invaded our room were to die for. And, the sweet music from the eatery down below was quite nice, too. Its affordable, the staff is very friendly and informative, its an ideal location for someone looking to explore the area, and the hotel is gorgeous (and historical).
redcoffeecup redcoffe…
Fishermans Wharf boutique hotel May 25, 2009
Great boutique hotel with great location overlooking wharf and across street from a cable car stop. Safe location with easy walking to Shopping and Wharf area.
TIFTIF TIFTIF
Funky Hotel, In the Middle of the Wharf Feb 23, 2007
A very fun hotel. Located at the end of Fisherman's Wharf, near the cable car stop, Ghiradelli's factory, McCormick and Schmicks. Loved this hotel, the shampoo/conditioner/lotion and soap were worth the stay. They had wine tasting in the lobby one of the nights we were there! Extremely clean, located near EVERYTHING! Beds were GREAT! I'd stay here again, and again, and again...

Argonaut Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel Amenities

• Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Paid Parking
  • Pillow Top Mattress

Related Travel Blogs About Argonaut Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel

Fisherman's Wharf - San Francisco in less than 24 hours
I arrived at the cute-little -very- welcoming Argonaut Hotel down by Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco on a Monday afternoon, Memorial Day 2009. The hotel is all in nautical style, even the doorman …Argonaut Hotel down by Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco on a Monday afternoon, Memorial Day 2009. The hotel

Check Argonaut Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel Rates and Deals