Aretha Frankensteins

www.arethas.com - (423) 265-7685

Aretha Frankensteins Chattanooga Reviews

e_w_richardson e_w_rich…
Hole in Heaven's Wall May 04, 2013
I wanted to go somewhere to verify Chattanooga's weirdosity. This place was a great little restaurant tucked into a neighborhood. Without a GPS we would have surely driven right past it. However once you park and trek up the small hill you'll still be astounded that anyone has ever found it. Beers are cheap and so are the meals. They serve breakfast all day so we went for dinner. I ordered an omelette with roasted potatoes, bacon, and cheese. I also got toast, a side of roasted potatoes, and a pancake. Yes one pancake, take a look at the picture to see the size, because one is all you need. My breakfast/dinner was great. The toast resembled Texas toast a little but with significantly less butter. The omelette was perfectly cooked and they obviously put the ingredients in already cooked because the potatoes came out the same in the omelette as the others did on my plate. This was great because the whole omelette was warm and cooked throughout. My wife got potatoes, scrambled eggs, bacon, and a homemade biscuit. She had no complaints either and even commented that the biscuit was still warm and fluffy like they had just made it.

Full disclosure: We went during a torrential downpour so nobody was out doing anything. Other reviews we looked up on Google said that the service can be a little slow here, but we did not experience that. Scott, the bartender/waiter, was very attentive and the food came out quickly. A lot of kitschy stuff on the walls but we liked looking at it (I'd never seen an Atom Ant lunchbox before), and I could see how the atmosphere would be pretty cool if it were packed. As it was there were only three or four other groups in the place and we enjoyed talking to a guy sitting at the bar as we waited for our food. Total bill was $28 with three beers. Pretty cheap, but still substantial.
This is literally a "pan cake."
Maui Maui
Worth stopping by for breakfast Jun 09, 2009
Located in a quiet neighborhood. The restaurant is garden house style and has lots of front porch seating. The Waffle of Insane greatness lives up to its name!

Check Chattanooga Hotel Deals