Arenal Volcano and Baldi Hot Springs

La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Arenal Volcano and Baldi Hot Springs La Fortuna Reviews

nat80 nat80
Beautiful! Jun 10, 2011
As I was sat in my tour bus approaching Arenal I was just willing those pesky clouds to blow away. And luckily for me they did! It truely is a beautiful sight and I was fortunate enough to get a good day for it.

You can see little puffs of smoking continuously being bellowed from the perfect 'cone' volcano crater in between the clouds that roll over the top of it. With binoculars you can even see boulders falling down the side!

My tour went to the Baldi Hot Springs (the cheaper of the two options) and was well worth a visit. I had such a relaxing afternoon followed by a gorgeous meal at a hotel that overlooked the volcano.

The only thing I'd recommend doing differently is where you take the trip from. I took it from San Jose and it was meant to be a days return but they were kind enough to leave me in Arenal. With hindsight I should have saved myself some cash and got the public bus to Arenal and gone from there!
MonteinSB MonteinSB
Hot Springs.. Jun 12, 2011
It was my third time in Costa Rica last September 2010 and the Arenal volcano site was once again an amazing fun time. I checked in a local descent budget hotel for $30.00 per night (two people)it included a pass for the Baldi Resort for two visits for 2 people. The hot springs were wonderful, a good place to chill and relax. They have about 20 pools, clean and perfect to enjoy the tropical view, in a clear night you might be able to see the Volcano's red glowing lava, while you do enjoy cocktails in built in bars in the pools. Drinks are a bit overprice, staff is friendly and if you speak Spanish will be helpful but not necessary.. Looking forward to go back soon..
vpich says:
what hotel that you stay that include the baldi resort? thanks
Posted on: Oct 02, 2012
howller howller
Worth checking out Jul 09, 2011
There are hundreds of different sized pools. All heated by the Arial volcano. Private and public pools are available so go to aprivate one you can swim on your own. The coolest part about it all were the waterslides. Plastic slides bring you into the heated pools. But be hit near warp speed like nothing.
journey_44 journey_…
Local swiming hole Mar 22, 2011
Ask the locals where the waterfall under the bridge is where you can swing off a rope and jump into some refreshing water... it was one of my favorites. Now I'm not exactly sure where it was but it was just a bike ride away from the city. Good luck.
mellyy13 mellyy13
Lovely relaxation in the middle of paradise Aug 26, 2010
I have returned to Baldi time and time again a very happy girl each and every time! It is such a treat to relax in the beautiful bubbling pools filled with therapeutic mineral waters heated by the volcano, ranging from hot to warm to luke warm to cold.

There are tens of thousands of acres covered in lush greenery, banana plants, flowers, trees, birds, walking paths, all within view of the majestic volcano poking out from the clouds.

A ticket for an All-Day Pass can be purchased through any of the hotels or tour agencies in town, costs around $22-25/pp(as of mid-July 2010), from 10am-10pm with lunch or dinner included and, a taxi ride should be $4-6 per taxi/each way.

The buffet dinner usually has a chicken dish, a fish dish and a pork/beef dish, fresh salad bar: lettuce, tomatoes, pasta salad, watermelon, pineapple, strawberries, cheese, beans, rice, dinner rolls and butter, soup, juice, water, coffee, tea, desserts: cookies, fruit, pastries, cakes...buffet time 5:30-8:45pm. Food is better earlier.

There are waterslides, swim-up bars (all mixed drinks - $10, beer - $6.50), a few restaurants, gift shop, massages available, changing rooms, lockers for rent ($5/locker), towels for rent, hotel rooms available.

I love love love this place! It is wonderful!

Major recommendation: bring your own bottles of water, a few per person, because they cost $5/1.5L bottle and it is a necessity. Also, bring your own snacks and drinks.

Enjoy and have fun!!! ;)