Arena City Hotel Salzburg

Check Salzburg Hotel Deals

Arena City Hotel Salzburg Reviews

drmcflurry drmcflur…
Outdated & Disappointing Jan 27, 2013
I didn't really mind that the hotel was a bit far from the old town and as one reviewer mentioned it was not even on the map they were handing out. What bothered me was how outdated the hotel looked like and far from the pristine photos on the website. The exterior looks modern but once you step inside you would feel like it's one of those hotels that were probably popular 10 years ago and not have undergone any renovation since. Checking in wasn't easy as I'm used to in other hotels. I had to stand there for sometime while they check their computer for my reservation and it seemed they had trouble finding it so they asked for my printed voucher (good thing I had one printed). The rooms needed refurbishing. The carpet seemed old as did the furniture. WiFi was available but I remember having to sit on the floor by the doorway just to get a good signal and surf the net without interruption. Bathroom lighting was a dark incandescent color which wasn't flattering at all but at least the toilets were working and they provided bath amenities. The breakfast buffet was the cherry on top of the whole experience at this hotel. I've been working and staying in hotels for over 3 years so I know when dining service was just slow, understaffed, or just plain bad. This was all rolled in to one. Something I didn’t expect in a European hotel. Every single day I went for breakfast there were a lot of tables that needed clearing. They would actually run out of places to sit because there were used plates on most dining tables. The rest of the tables were being used by other guests. This was the very first time as a paying customer I had to actually set up my own table just so I could have my breakfast. I had to even change the table spread because the only table I found suitable had crumbs and peanut butter all over it and I wasn’t willing to wait for the F&B staff to do it for me because they were so busy clearing other tables. I don’t know if these guys just work extremely slow to the point I don’t think they really cared for their job at all. Not a good impression at all. Good thing I’m a trooper and took matters to my own hands but I made sure they felt my disappointment. The first day this happened I chucked it up to fact that maybe there was just a bus load of tourists who just left but when the scenario remained the same every morning there was something definitely wrong with this place. Good thing though is that they had some variety of dishes served for breakfast but then again I only had muesli and coffee every day. They also served coffee or tea and some fruits at the top floor but like breakfast there was loads of used cups on the counter and none you can use. If you do manage to get one I would suggest skip the coffee. Let’s just say I now understand why some people would call terrible cup of coffee ‘something like drinking urine’. The “fresh” fruits they proudly served for free also questionable. As for their "gym" I won't even bother writing about that. Just have a look at one of the photos I uploaded. Before checking out the hotel managed to squeeze in one last negative experience. I remember that it was over one hour before check out time at 12 noon when housekeeping cleaning staff simply opened my locked door and went inside without even knocking or checking if someone was inside! Wow! That was just it! It’s one of those things that completely unacceptable anywhere. I was ready to blow my top off at the manager but then again I didn’t want to ruin the rest of my wonderful holiday by losing my cool. I told myself I would just write about it on TripAdvisor.

Bottomline, you can stay here if you have something to do at the Arena city area (eg. Conferences, meetings, etc.) just because it's within walking distance but for everything else I would suggest you stay away from this mess of a hotel until these guys get their act together; and get something closer to the old town with better service.
Exterior
Hotel room
Bed
Bathroom

Arena City Hotel Salzburg Overview

Set outside of the busy city center, the Arena City Hotel Salzburg offers a good accommodation in Salzburg for business and leisure travelers alike. It is close to Schloss Mirabell, Salzburg Congress, the Red Bull Arena, and the most important museums including the Dommuseum, Natural History Museum, and Salzburg Museum of Modern Art. Even such attractions as the Casino and the Hohensalzburg Fortress (Festung) are within two miles of the grounds as well. The Arena City Hotel Salzburg is located at Am Messezentrum 2, which is 2.3 miles from the Salzburg W.A. Mozart International Airport.

All of the guest bedrooms in the Arena City Hotel Salzburg will come furnished with a full-sized bathroom with tub, signature toiletries, direct dial phone service, satellite TV, a hair dryer, high-speed Internet access, and a personal safe.

Guests of the four-star Arena City Hotel Salzburg will greatly appreciate the fine facilities and services, including the 24-hour front desk service, meeting and conference rooms, a modern fitness room, an in-house restaurant, banqueting facilities, free parking on the premises, a business service center, a lounge with bar service, the news stand, and pet friendly policies.

Arena City Hotel Amenities

• Function Rooms
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes