Aregash Lodge

www.aregashlodge.com - + 251 46 225 1136

Aregash Lodge Yirgalem Reviews

Vlindeke Vlindeke
Well maintained jungle lodge Jan 01, 2012
About 1,5 hour before twilight we arrived at Aregash Lodge.

We were welcomed with a refreshing banana, avocado drink. Very good! A walk to a nearby village was planned, and due to the short time before twilight we didn’t check in first but went on this lovely walk (see my blog).

We were housed in cottage 4, just for one night. You definitely need a torch staying here. The paths are sparely lighted.

The cottage was a nice surprise. Clean (the cleanest place we stayed in Ethiopia during our almost 3 weeks round trip), spacious, nicely furnished. A thin interior wall for the bathroom. Between the two bedrooms and sitting area a man high reed screen. No ceilings. In advance we were told the two of us had to share a cottage with 2 other guests. And although we shared with a nice couple I prefer privacy. In this situation you hear every single word or noise from each other. I’ve no clue this was agreed by our Dutch tour operator (as we were on an organized trip), the Ethiopian agent or the fact the hotel is putting people together, but, as said it’s not my cup of tea. This 'sharing' thing gave me some problems rating this accommodation.

We only went to the restaurant, there’s no separate bar, for an aperitif as we were a little bit tired of having the same kind of dinners every night. In the restaurant we were welcomed with a ‘happy new year’ cocktail! We almost forgot, but it was the first of January ;) Very nice gesture! Later we were told (by fellow guests) the dinner, buffet style, was very good.

The next morning we had breakfast. Continental breakfast served at the table with eggs on demand. The breakfast was rather poor. A mini omelet (or other style eggs), bread, coffee or tea. I did like the homemade jams!

From the terrace we spotted some black and white colored monkeys. Fellow guests told us one of the guards showed them an hyena nest!

More information at www.aregashlodge.com.
Reception
Cottage 4
Cottage 4
View
sylviandavid says:
What a reallly unusual place. thanks so much for sharing this review. sylvia
Posted on: Feb 12, 2012