Arcotel Camino

Arcotel Camino Rates and Deals

Arcotel Camino Stuttgart Reviews

trippinginnederland tripping…
Very Expensive & Not Worth The Cost. Jan 14, 2012
My boyfriend had to go on a short business trip and he wanted to bring me along. He had to drive to Stuttgart and thus, we left in the evening in order to reach there at night. Just nice to have a good night sleep. He had booked the room two days before and of course a place nearby to where he had to work for just a couple of hours.

It seemed like a classy-fine hotel on the website. We were rather excited, honestly to speak because it was so expensive and it looked really good on the website. I expected that it would have everything and also to be perfect. Apparently, I was wrong and had my expectations too high.

For a basic double room, it cost about 151 Euro and breakfast was included. Now, for that price you would be expecting free WiFi but sadly, no. There is NO WiFi in the room and you need to go to the front desk and ask for the password for the Internet. There's connection for you in the lobby and restaurant. The front desk staff would present a piece of paper with the password and also the speed of the Internet. 56kbs suitable for 1995 era. How 'nice' and very 'fast'.

Now see me grunting away about the beds. A double room, we would expect to see a queen-sized bed but nope, two beds joined together. Thus, that uncomfortable line inbetween of us left me sleeping rather uncomfortably. Why? We love to sleep close to each other on a queen bed but because of the 'gap', he had to squeeze onto one bed. I was basically on the edge of it and yes, the worse I could do was to wait or to push my guy to his side of the other bed. Not a nice thing to do.

Television channels were HORRIBLE! I don't understand German and there was hardly any English channels to watch. A thumb down for that.

A glass bottle (1 litre) of mineral water on the table cost 6,60 Euro. OK, so it isn't free. There were two real apples hanging on the wall. It was cute (the idea), I thought but I didn't dare eat/take it. Yes, I was afraid they would charge me for it (maybe 3 Euro for each?) :S

The bathroom, I have nothing to rattle about. Basically it was fine and it had sewing kit, shower cap and et cetera. (Yet it didn't have everything like Dong Wu Hotel, Taipei whereby there was toothpaste, toothbrushes, a weighing scale and many more.) Something funny about the bathroom though, it has the night light which was PINK! Oh me, oh my...I felt like I was in the 'red-light district' room. It was a clean bathroom I have to say and that it should be for that price.

Now about breakfast, I dislike being a hush reviewer/critic but when you pay cheap for your hotel stay and that it includes breakfast; if the breakfast isn't that great; I close one eye. THIS, I couldn't forgive because the breakfast wasn't all that great/spectacular. To me, I wasn't impressed and it was just quite dull for such a classy-looking hotel and restaurant. The variation wasn't as wide as I'd expected and my appetite was lost instantly. I was somewhat bored. It was rather upsetting in my opinion. I felt sorry for the hotel; they could have done better for the breakfast. The restaurant looked nice though. You can't blame me but I'd stayed in a similar hotel like this (thus, I tend to compare) and it was much cheaper and the variation was SO WIDE with a great view! I'm refering to Four Points Hotel Panoramahaus Dornbirn, Austria.

Oh, before I forget, if you're planning to park there, you'll have to pay 16 Euro per night for that (even when you arrive late, we arrived at 1AM).

CONS:

- VERY expensive: 151 Euro including breakfast

- Parking per night: 16 Euro

- Low Speed Internet: 56kbs

- Internet only available in the lobby area and restaurant; you need to ask the front desk for the password

- No WiFi in the room

- No complimentary water in the room, instead they charge

- TV: Majority of the channels were in Deutsch

- Breakfast was not a wide-spread as I'd expected (might be fine for others but certainly not for this price)

- The front desk staffs didn't know of their neighbouring buildings (We asked for this certain bank of where the building was located; all she knew was that there were many banks around the area. We discovered that it was just next door.)

PROS:

- Near to the train station

- Clean room and bathroom, two thumbs up

- Nice-classy looking lobby; also looked nice on the outside

Even though this was just a business trip stay (which means he didn't have to pay it), we felt that it wasn't justifiable for its cost. My advise for you is to save your money and look for a better place. This is not for couples/romantic stay or even a family place. Yes, this hotel is mostly for those business people but seriously, do think carefully. Ask yourself this, as a businessman would you want to spend on something worth or would you think that this is good enough? If you think that this hotel is good enough and worth the price, I think you haven't seen or stayed in the better ones yet ;) I know that they usually don't care about the cost. They just want a place near to the work place and a roof over their heads. Anyway, that is for you to decide.
6,60 euro for a liter of water????…
Weird red light district.
The minibar
The room
laurensteer laurenst…
Expensive and not easy to get to Jan 15, 2011
On arrival (with lots of baggage!) we received no help and struggled to our room. The staff the next morning were more helpful and accommodating. As to getting to the hotel it's not as easy as it appears as the walk is uphill! It is however close to the town centre and train station. Room service was quick (although expensive...but what do you expect!) Breakfast was very nice although I didn't realise it wasn't included in the overnight stay until I paid my bill when we left. The beds were comfortable and the room/bathroom were clean.
Twin room
Minus the penguin of course
The hotel
The outside

Arcotel Camino Overview

The Arcotel Camino is a mile outside the city center, and within easy walking distance of the Staatsgalerie Museum of Art. The Arcotel Camino is 200 meters from the main train station.

The 168 rooms and suites in the Arcotel Camino have a contemporary d├ęcor, with earthy colors and dark wood accents. Rooms have satellite TV, flat screen TVs, DVD players, radio, telephone, mini bar, alarm clock, and a hair dryer. All rooms are non-smoking.

The Arcotel Camino is a protected architectural structure that has been turned into a modern hotel. A glass catwalk leads to the rooms, and the public areas were designed by Harald Scheiber. The on site restaurant, Weissenhof, serves regional specialties and Austrian foods. Bar Scala offers cocktails and afternoon coffee. The hotel also has a Spa centre with fitness equipment, sauna, solarium and steam bath, 6 meeting rooms and high-speed internet access throughout the hotel. A Car park for 34 vehicles and 10 additional outdoor parking lots are also available.

Arcotel Camino Amenities

• Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Solarium
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes