Archana Guest House

094481 91619

Archana Guest House Hampi Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Archana Guest House Dec 17, 2017
Holi festival in Hampi was creeping in so I decided to simply stay in this incredible surrounding and celebrate festival in the smaller community. Due to larger influx of foreigners, I had to switch my hotel half way into my stay but first three nights I enjoyed in Archana Guest House. I got this place online. By traveling randomly as I usually do, sometimes I want to make it easier… Simply, I am not always into mad dash searching for the place to stay in the new town. This time all was smooth. Found an companion on the train and we got the tuk tuk towards the same town. Price of the hotel was on the higher side for Hampi, but they were offering this fantastic views and solid tasty breakfast. Or at least that was the catch.

Well , the catch was alright this time around. I got an room on the first floor, a bit dark and rundown, but all good as Indian standards go. Shower was a bit on the dirty side and cold but who cares much. Bed was a bit hard, but I care less after long day of running and walking… Monkeys were making havoc all over the place, but persistent boss lady had their measurements on her stick.

Archana is located on the first row of the buildings towards the river. Two story building. Second story was where the “restaurant” is and where you’ll always find the owner, his wife or kids. All of them are super nice. Views are really spectacular, especially in the morning. You are looking over the slow river with lush greens and lots of granite balls all over the place. Elephant or two passing to wash up…

Bottom floor has a terrace which features few sitting options and some swings. All dirty but usable. The rooms door is locked by the separate lock and bolt. I used my own lock to make sure I am the only one with the keys. Internet is alright, most of the times. Breakfast was great every time.

Hampi is a small place, so it is easy to move around. Pretty much no matter where you are you’ll be equally close to bus station or to the access over the river or to the temples… Small markets and small hustlers are all around. Few excellent restaurants are calling this town home.

Really special town and surrounding. Next time I come around, I’ll stay in some place across the river. That area is very quiet and beautiful. Enjoy

Compare Hospet Hotel Rates (10.3km away)

Hampi Map