Arby's (unit #0035)

3931 N HARLEM AVE, Chicago, IL, USA

Arby's (unit #0035) Chicago Reviews

festerwretch festerwr…
Interesting drive-thru Jan 04, 2010
Ok, I'm not going to review Arby's - you either know what an Arby's is, or you don't (if you don't & want to, feel to respond in the comments, or PM me) anyway, I like their roast beef sandwiches, and I'm only reviewing this particular one because I went there for the first time & the drive through (er - drive thru as everybody spells it these days) was kind of odd. Instead of having it set up so that the driver's side window is next to the restaurant, it was set to that the passenger's window was next to the building, and on the opposite of the lane, there was a contraption that carries your money or credit card up & over the lane, and returns with your food (and, hopefully, change/credit card). I think it's a fairly old location, on the website it's listed as unit #35 ... I'm not sure if that's chronological or not though.

So, anyway, don't go out of your way to check this Arby's out - BUT, if you have a thing for drive thrus, perhaps it's worth your time.
The stop sign is quite faded
...and here's the food!
bkretzer says:
Intersting. Most fast food chains do number the stores as they open them, so it is somewhat chronological. I am guessing that the contraption for money and food was put into to retro fit the drive-thu. I'd bet this store predates the commonality of that convienience. It is likely that Arbys Corp told the owner, "You have to have a drive thru, or we take away your franchise license." This was their answer. Nice slice of Americana!
Posted on: Jan 12, 2010