Aran Pub

020 622 0416

Aran Pub Amsterdam Reviews

MrD3071 MrD3071
Charm o' the Irish Feb 02, 2011
The Aran Irish pub is more then just a pub! It functions as a fully stocked cafe, in fact I've had breakfast here 4 out of the 7 mornings I have spent in Amsterdam, not just because of its good value but because of its brilliant hot chocolate and coffee, always important before a long day of exploring!

With 5 large sports screens, pool and darts it fits the description of a typical pub, and being of an Irish flavour it is one of the few places in Amsterdam where I have found cider! It’s always pretty crowded, even outside which has quite a few seats. The upstairs interior is pretty cosy as well, so if you’re passing by on an afternoon looking for a decent sized, cheap lunch, then look no further (try the Irish stew, its goooood)!
The Aran Irish pub, according to a…
HCSmooth66 HCSmooth…
Nice, quite atmosphere not far from Leidseplein Sep 10, 2009
The Aran Irish Pub is right across the street from an entrance to Vondelpark. It was a short walk from the hostel I stayed at my first night in Amsterdam, which was much of its appeal. It's between Leidseplein and Museumplein.

Irish pubs tend to have a good selection of beer, and while this place may not have had a mind-blowing variety it did have good quality, from what I could gather.

It also served food, and it was the kind of food I'd see in a brew pub back home. Typical eats like burgers and fries. I ordered the burger. While it was nothing really to write home about, it did its job in curing me of my present hunger.

Just average bar food of average quality. I guess that would explain my "average" rating :)

Check Amsterdam Hotel Deals