Aracaju

Aracaju, Brazil

Aracaju Reviews

Matheuu Matheuu
General Info about Aracaju Oct 29, 2012
Ok, just arrived back from Brazil in to Europe now in Istanbul.

Did a three week trip up the coast from Salvador to Natal. Drove most the way and back down again.

Roads are 90% ..ok. 10% absolutely dangerous.

So, did the trip. They are not ready for international tourists.. unless you want to stay at the 5 star resorts. Prices are pretty high in the pousadas. even in towns with dirt roads and no hot water, its not cheap.. as it should be.

Service is pretty terrible, but most places are friendly.

If you look like a foreigner, you will have a beggar asking you for money every where you go. Generally people are living in paradise and working kinda wrecks the vibes.

But I love it!! Its wild, it got huge potential. Its growing so fast.

Its free!!! ITS FUN!! Its Brazil.

SO Aracaju.

It was the .. how do I say.. easiest city I came across, compared to Salvador, Recife, Natal, Joao Pessoa, Maceio and a few others.

I needed to unwind.. not that drinking cold beer and Caiparinas on the beach up the coast wasnt relaxing .. but I did.

Aracaju, had a bit more general English in the population than most other places, they had a well laid out city. There are all the shops you need to get to. The food is great, less beggars. The city is moving forward. The beach is big and waves not too bad. There is a bit of history about... but overall I could drop my guard a bit in Aracaju and relax properly.

Dont get me wrong, the places and people I saw were amazing... Aracaju was just a bit easier... hahaa..

hard to explain unless you were there.. did I mention I was there at election time..

Check Aracaju Hotel Deals