Arabica homestay

Check Bondowoso Hotel Deals

Arabica homestay Bondowoso Reviews

YantiSoeparno YantiSoe…
A quiet homestay Nov 14, 2010
Actually, Arabica Homestay is located in Sempol, 2 hours drive from Bondowoso. You can go there from Bondowoso bus terminal using ELF, a mini bus. The last bus is at noon. The bus is experiencing. Please read my blog about it.

I read some blogs about Ijen and found that Arabica Homestay is one of two homestays at Sempol. For a budget wise, this homestay can be a good choice. The location is very good, only 30 minutes ride to Paltuding Post, the start for Ijen Crater hike.

The room is large enough. So is the bathroom. There is hot water. Unfortunately, when I wanted to shower, the water was not hot enough. And to turn it on, I had to ask the staff to help me.

The staff are friendly and helpful.

My main complaint is the bed and the sheet. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to tell them. The base of the bed is only several bars of wood. So, when I lied on the bed, the mattress curved. It was not comfortable. The mattress is made of foam. It looks thick but when you lie down you can feel the wood bar :-(

The pillow sheet, I could see that it was not changed after the previous guest checked out. I could see it was greasy. Maybe the guest before me used pomade :-(

I paid 125,000 IDR for double room and 15,000 IDR for double portion of fried instant noodle and 12,500 IDR for single portion of boiled instant noodle.

They provide free coffee and tea all the time and breakfast. The breakfast is 2 slices of bread, jam, and one boiled egg. They can prepare it in a box so we can take it away if we want to leave the homestay early in the morning to catch the sunrise at the crater.

Despite of the cleanliness, I recommend this homestay due to the location and the staff.

You may contact Mr Khodir at +6281336130476 or the homestay at +628113505881 for reservation. I spoke to Ms Winarsih last time.
Mount Ijen view from the coffee sh…
The front view of the homestay
The bed
The bathroom
YantiSoeparno says:
Thanks for the ideas Jethanad. I also brought my sarong for many purposes ;-)
jethanad says:
Not bad , beats camping in the open !

I carry a clean , bug-free bedsheet with me on many of my trips. About hot water, all you can do is check with the staff at night, get up early and re-request the staff in the morning.
Hadi25 says:
Lucky ... If Not ... Bed Bug Buggin On U ... LOL
sugarose sugarose
Great Bargain Sep 23, 2010
I stood here independently in order to go to Ijen crater and I was very pleased with the accomodations. First of all it had hot water which is such a luxury in Java as i came to find out (even if the hot water is a little tricky to use). The bed was comfy and the place had low noise level. Its location near coffee plantations was also nice. For the price in my case 125,000 rp (about $14) it was a good deal. They also gave us a to go breakfast since most people leave before sunrise to go to Ijen.
bernard69 says:
useful info
Posted on: Oct 04, 2010
argoraung argoraung
Arabica homestay Jun 07, 2009
Arabica home stay maintained by PTPN XII, a national plantation estate, is a lovely guesthouse in Sempol, 1 km from the main road. It has a balcony that has function for a meeting and dinning room. From this point, we can see a mountain range of Ijen, as the weather is clear, we can see the fumes billow out from the crater of Ijen volcano. Since there is a strawberry field around here so do not miss to taste a special beverage that is always strawberry juice.

Price Facility Number of Rooms

115.000Rp Single bed, blanket, hot water 11

155,000 Double bed, blanket, hot water, AC 4

225,000 Double bed, blanket, hot water, AC 4

Home stay Facility welcome drink, hot coffee and tea

Contact: Book first for the available room

Mr. Khodir

bernard69 says:
useful info!!
Posted on: Aug 22, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Arabica homestay

Another fortune ;-)
I was told by the staff at Arabica Homestay that I have to be at Bondowoso bus terminal before noon if I want to catch up the mini bus to the homestay. I arrived there at 12.30 and thank God, there w…Arabica Homestay that I have to be at Bondowoso bus terminal before noon if I want to catch up the mini…

Check Bondowoso Hotel Deals