Aqueen Hotel Lavender

Aqueen Hotel Lavender Rates and Deals

Aqueen Hotel Lavender Singapore Reviews

shasya shasya
Minimalist hotel for the budget conscious Jun 05, 2010
My aunt had a one day layover in Singapore en route to Jakarta and we decided to stay at a budget hotel near Little India (because both of us love shopping at Mustafa Centre, and we can do this right up to the wee hours).

Indeed, there are plenty of backpacker lodges in Little India however we were wanting a place that is simple with all the "mod-cons" without paying premium room prices usually associated with hotels in Singapore.

By simply 'googling', I chanced upon the Aqueen. Reasonably priced, located close to Little India (this a plus for us), free local calls and WIFI.

I immediately called reservations to book a twin room and luckily we were able to get the last available twin room on the day my aunt arrived (Phew! close call - pun intended).

We took a cab from Harbourfront to Aqueen Lavender. Check-in was efficient, they expected the payment upfront which was fine for us. We were pleasantly surprised with the hotel, it's modern and squeeky clean (some might say a bit 'sterile')interiors. We were quite contented with the minimalist decor.

Beds were ok, again as this is a brand new hotel, everything was fresh, neat and tidy. The only negative point I have to say is the design of the bathroom which was very narrow, angular and awkward. Plus, its partially frosted so you are able to see what's going on inside, this might be a little weird for "non-intimate" travelling companions.

I really do not understand this trend of having a partially frosted glass panel separating the bathroom from the bedroom and not provding blinds for privacy (love shacks I can understand, but business type hotels?)

After checking-in, we had a quick bite at Lavender Food Square/Centre which was just in front of Aqueen, afterwhich, took a stroll to Lavender MRT which took us about 15 minutes, this is just a stop away from Bugis (another hot shopping spot for us). We are beginning to love Aqueen for its fantastic location.

We got back to the hotel pretty late. Rested a bit and took another stroll to Mustafa Centre, this was close to 1am in the morning and we still felt completely safe eventhough the roads were pretty quiet.

It was close to 4am before we arrived back to the hotel. No worries, eventhough the hotel was just next to Singapore Casket.

We did not have breakfast at the cafe so I am not able to comment on the food there.

I noticed this to be quite a popular hotel at times so booking in advance is essential and also reckon that it would not be easy to get early check-in or late check-out.

I cannot write enough of the hotel's location, for travellers wanting to take a bus to Malaysia, the Lavender Street Bus Station is also only minutes away from the Aqueen.
Minimalist decor entering the Aque…
All you need at a touch of a button
purplemuse purplemu…
Totally disappointing Oct 18, 2010
Upon checking-in I handed my reservation to the receptionist but unfortunately instead of looking at it thoroughly, she double charged me.

She tried to rectify it by asking for my card so she can swipe it again, but I hesitated because I realized then that the service in this hotel is terrible and that she may only cause a bigger problem seeming that she doesn't know what she is doing.

When I went back home after my trip, I called my bank and said that there were some double charges made. That made me really annoyed as I'll be traveling again to another destination shortly and wouldn't have the time to go to the bank just to sort it out.

Anyway, after 2 weeks, the money was back in my account.

I wouldn't really recommend this hotel. The non-smoking rooms stank of cigarettes and the sheets were dirty. If you're only visiting Singapore for some shopping and going out, I still wouldn't recommend this place. It's quite pricey for having a bit of dirt and cigarette stench on your sheets.

I've been to youth hostels in Europe and the service was just up to par (meaning incomparable to this dodgy hotel) whereas this hotel is a 3 star one (claims to be) but service is beneath 1 star.

Aqueen Hotel Lavender Overview

The Aqueen Lavender is located close to many popular places to shop and dine. Guests will also be able to visit areas such as Little India and Chinatown. Some of the popular locations that guests might want to visit include the Singapore Zoo, the Singapore Botanical Gardens, and the many museums in the area. Guests will find that many attractions are located within a short walk of the hotel. To reach areas that are not as close to the Aqueen Lavender Singapore, guests will be able to find public transportation or use rental cars.

The rooms at the hotel feature cozy furnishings and modern amenities. Some of the features in the rooms include access to the Internet, 32-inch LCD TVs with cable channels, phones, in room safes, hairdryers, and tea and coffee making facilities.

The café at the Hotel Aqueen Lavender Singapore features light meals and drinks. The hotel also offers laundry service and dry cleaning service. Wireless Internet access is available at the hotel. Facilities are available for disabled guests.

Aqueen Hotel Lavender Amenities

• Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Laundry service
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower