Aquavit Grill & Raw Bar

08-676 98 50

Aquavit Grill & Raw Bar Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Your menu is - on fire! Oct 04, 2010
The Aquavit Raw Bar restaurant is situated in the Clarion Sign Hotel and is really a nice place. The Sign hotel is full of Danish design furniture and I enjoyed my meal sitting in an Arne Jacobsen Seagull chair under a Philip Stark lamp, which is not something that happen too often.

When I sat down I was one of the first in the restaurant but people came in all the time as I was there. I was given a menu to look at and soon after I smelt something burning; it didn’t take me long identify the source. I had put the menu on fire with the help of a small candle light on the table; talk about an easy way to draw attention to making a fast order.

In general the food is really well tasting and also well presented. I ordered a mushroom soup as a starter and it was just as I wanted it to be. The way they served it was like as a part of a show. I was given a huge plate with a small handful of wonderful mushrooms and then they poured the thick soup around the mushrooms from a small serving boul. As often I felt like having a cold beer so together with my starter I ordered a Carlsberg beer.

As a main course I ordered a mixed sea grill plate together with honey roasted root fruits. The plate consisted of salmon, tuna, shrimps, and coquilles. All pieces were made really nice and the taste was great. Together with my main course I ordered a Brooklyn Lager.

I ended my dinner with a cafe latte and could look back at a great meal accompanied with sweet smiling waitresses asking to my well being all the time in a very natural and relaxing way. It has been a long time since a waitress had put her hand on my shoulder and asked me if I was satisfied with the dish.

My only small point would be that it was a little bit pricy, but the quality was also high, so I still find that the place has a fair ratio between price and quality.
Before it caught fire!
One side of the restaurant
My mushroom soup
A small avec!
Chokk says:
That is a deal :D - NYC here I come
Posted on: Oct 21, 2010
cneoridium says:
I'll have to remember that menu trick... : )
Posted on: Oct 12, 2010
Glynnes says:
Carlsberg beer, where is my share?
Posted on: Oct 12, 2010