Aquaria KLCC

03-2333 1888

Aquaria KLCC Kuala Lumpur Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
Fun and cheap aquarium in Kuala Lumpur May 31, 2011
This was a must see for me in Kuala Lumpur and I was happy that Karena wanted to see it as well. The KLCC Aquaria turned out to be a great place to visit and we ended up with a wonderful souvenir! :)

The place is located underground, underneath the Suria KLCC Mall. It has 2 levels filled with many tanks of fish and other wildlife, as well as a big water tank called the Oceanarium.

An entrance ticket is normally 45 MYR/RM (around 10 euro or around 15 US dollars), but it costed us 35 MYR/RM (around 8 euro or 11,50 US dollars) thanks to Karena's MyKad (Malaysian identity card). We could have also bought a combo ticket for the aquazone (fish therapy centre), but we both didn't wanted to do that.

We started the path on the first level at the Piranhas, followed by the Touch Pool towards various other animals like reptiles and spiders. Then we went down to level 2, seeing Arapaimas, some Archer Fish, towards the Oceanarium.

This houses hundreds of fish like Sand Tiger Sharks, a Green Sea Turtle and several stingrays to name but a few. Opposite from the entrance and exit of this big water tank, were several booths where you could buy jewelry and other handcrafted souvenirs. At one booth, the Caricature, Karena & I had ourselves drawn.

The last part of the aquarium houses Jellyfish and tropical fish and we ended up in Atlantis Souvenir Store. Once through that, we were outside in the small food court.

If you like nature and/or fish, this place is definitely worth a vist when you're in Kuala Lumpur! :)
Map of the KLCC Aquaria
Level 1
Level 2
School of Piranhas
bernard69 says:
nice place!
Posted on: Jul 05, 2011
nimic says:
Wow, i didn't know about this :D
Posted on: Jul 05, 2011
Airportman says:
Thank you all for the comments and smiles :)
Posted on: Jun 26, 2011
Kurisu Kurisu
Nice aquarium close to Petronas Twin Towers May 18, 2011
The Aquaria KLCC is a big aquarium with a 90 meter long underwater tunnel.

It hosts hundreds of species, both aquatic or land bound.

It's conveniently located in the basement of KLCC (Convention Center).

That's where the food court is, in case you feel hungry for fish after your visit... hehe :P

There are some really interesting creatures, and you get to see big sand shark and stingray, as well as piranha or giant sea turtle.

The underwater tunnel features a moving travelator, so you don't even need to use your own feet... in theory, that is, because it didn't work that day ;)

Highlight of Aquaria are the live "feeding frenzy" shows, where a diver gets in the tank and...well, feeds the fishes!

It's quite entertaining, so if you're in the area (and you will be in the area, because this place is next to the Petronas towers, Suria KLCC and the city center park) just give it a try! :)

Entrance fee was 45 RM at the time for non malaysian non senior adult, which is about 10 Euro or 15 USD.
Feeding show @ Aquaria KLCC
Piranha @ Aquaria KLCC
? @ Aquaria KLCC
Little alligator @ Aquaria KLCC
sylviandavid says:
sounds the feeding frenzy part!
Posted on: Jun 26, 2011
trippin_jen trippin_…
Aquaria KLCC Dec 26, 2011
Located at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (just next to KLCC Petronas Twin Towers/Suria Shopping Centre), this Aquaria is a place to visit for everyone, young to old, locals and foreigners, men and women, and it's easily accessible by LRT too.

I personally think it's a bit pricey,(especially when you want to go for a 'family outing' there) costing MYR 35 per local adult and MYR 25 for a child. This may be considered cheap for foreigners though, due to currency exchange.

The place can get really crowded during school holidays as well as public holidays, so plan your visit well. Before you go, it's advisable to check the schedule for animal feeling shows as such, so that your visit is more worthy.

This Aquaria is divided to 2 floors. On the upper floor you get to see otters, water rats (looks really huge!), eels, bugs, butterflies, snakes and some small fishes. As you head down towards the second floor, that's where it gets more interesting! You'll get to see schools of interesting fishes and they are amazingly huge! My personal favourite is the tunnel where you'll be surrounded by baby sharks (you get to see their teeth very clearly when they swim right on top of you!), and the HUGE stingrays 'smiling' at you from above, and the enormous turtle swimming along as you find your way through the tunnel!

For those who are lazy to walk, there's a "walkalator" that brings you through and it also helps in getting a more 'stable' photography/videography too!

Just before and after entering the tunnel, there are videos showing how the sharks are caught and 'cut' for their fins. It looks really sad and I immediately signed up support their 'stop killing sharks for their fins' petition.

For those who plans to bring their toddlers, seriously, please be more considerate. I would suggest that you leave your pram/stroller outside, otherwise it's really going to get in the way, especially when there is crowd.

Now for those who plan to have an 'educational trip' for a group of kids, please book for a group entry before hand. And a little tip to cut the long queue when purchasing entry ticket, is to bring along your 'tough-n-go' card. You save a lot of time and hassle and can get go straight in!

photography and VIdeography are allowed but please remember to turn off your FLASH lights!

There are a lot of friendly staffs there to assist should you need any physical help or explanations about the featured animals. And how can you leave the place without getting yourself souvenirs? A shop selling Aquaria related gifts can be found just before the exit.

So will you drop by the Aquaria for an underwaterworld adventure? :)
"Santa" feeding the 9 months old O…
Cute little Otters
Star Fish.. I still don't know if …
trippin_jen says:
Well at least it sounds the same! Hhahahahah! and yes, we're even now...! hahah
Posted on: Dec 28, 2011
Kurisu says:
Hey hey it's Chris, not Kris! ;)
Guess now we're even haha! :P
HNY to you also!
Posted on: Dec 28, 2011
trippin_jen says:
that's true.. hahah! Happy new year Kris!
Posted on: Dec 27, 2011
Jopin Jopin
If you can't get enough of underwater life... May 29, 2008
It’s currently the mid-term school break for kids in Malaysia. That means all holiday spots on the islands of Pangkor, Langkawi, Penang and Cherating, especially, are booked out (and swarming with shrieking 6-12 year-olds!). If parents can’t get away from the city, they’re usually in the city’s malls, catering to every whim, fancy and tantrum in trying to please their kids during the holidays.

One of those places buzzing with children who seem like they’d just drunk two big bottles of soda is Aquaria, located at the concourse level of the KL Convention Center, just next to the Petronas Twin Towers. A ten-minute walk from Suria KLCC (which is sort of at the base of the towers), an upmarket shopping mall (and home to some bigwig international designer boutiques), through the tunneled walkway, past the underground parking lot, will lead you to the concourse level of the convention center, where you’ll have to make your way through the numerous restaurants on your way to Aquaria. I took my 14-year-old brother to Aquaria as the Petrosains Exhibition Center, located in the vicinity of the towers, is closed on Mondays. The aquarium’s main attraction is the sandtiger sharks, and the highlight on alternative days is feeding time, when the aquarium’s divers hand-feed the sharks.

I paid MYR20 for my ticket (got a student discount) but MYR28 for my brother, who’s considered an adult! The ‘journey’ into the aquarium is in five parts: the Highland, Jewels of the Jungle, Flooded Forest, the Coast, the Living Reef, and the Living Ocean.

Upon entering to begin our ‘journey’, we are greeted by a gallery that provides information on the evolution of fish. Sadly, I think I missed parts of that exhibit as I was more interested in discovering the creatures that were housed in glass cases all along both sides of the wall. These creatures are those that can be found in the local rainforests, such as tarantulas, geckos, the green tree snake, as well as snapping alligator turtles and poison dart frogs! Who knew there were poisonous frogs??

It took us a while to cover all the creatures on display, as my brother indulged himself by reading up on every bit of information on each of the animals, while regaling me with quips of his own!! After the longest 30 minutes of my life (I only wanted to check out the sharks in that underwater tunnel thingamajig!), we headed down a wooden staircase to the flooded forest, and the first thing you see is this enormous tube tank, in what is called a “flooded forest”, with aquatic wildlife such as catfish swimming around in this 5.3meter high tank that holds what looks like a really old tree trunk from the rainforest.

The floor also contained “touch pools”, which were about 3-4 feet high that enabled visitors, especially children, to see and pet, the fish and other underwater life, like starfish, up close. As we walked the length of the pool, we came across what looked like a territorial brawl, between some baby sharks! That didn’t seem to faze some catfish and baby stingrays from enjoying their time in the pool. :P

After experiencing our close encounters with the undersea kind, we headed into the tunnel aquarium!! This was the money maker, where the highlight of the aquarium is the mini school of sandtiger sharks, swimming just above you. As we entered the tunnel, we had a choice to get onto a walkalator-type path or the "escape route", if you wanted to take your time and ooh and ahh at the sharks and several manta rays that pass above your head. With all the excitement, I almost forgot to enjoy the living reefs that were in tunnel aquarium, which were home to the numerous other sea life on display there.

Exiting the tunnel, my brother and I noticed a crowd of visitors had gathered in front of a large glass display made to look like a screen, with drawn curtains. Apparently, this is where the feeding of the sharks takes place. The kids were told to sit themselves on the floor in front of the screen so that they could enjoy the feeding session. By the time the announcement was made about the sharks' lunch time, the crowd had unfortunately swelled, so we didn't get to see much of what was going on. After ten more minutes of hanging around the viewing area, and jostling for places with trigger-happy folks (with their darn flash going off every few seconds!), we moved on to the last section of the aquarium with smaller tube tanks featuring marine mollusks, other types of starfish and marine life.

The fossil of a jaw of shark (not sure which species, but it was huge!) marked the end of everything there was to see in Aquaria. As with most tourist attractions, no exit was complete without a souvenir shop to bring back with you a memory of your visit. Soft toys, t-shirts as wells as stationery of marine life were some of the souvenirs available for purchase.

If you think all aquariums are the same, you should still check out Aquaria when you're in the KLCC area, but only if you want to do more than just take pics of the twin towers and hang out at the KLCC park.
One of the great Sandtiger sharks …
One of the tarantula species that …
My brother, Dillon, and one of his…
This water terrapin in the touch p…
ssb_india says:
wow ! sounds exciting. was looking for something to do as i have a full day free tomorrow. thanks for the info.
Posted on: Aug 22, 2009
bodtkd says:
so, THAT'S how you spell "thingamajig"!
Posted on: May 29, 2008
jelo jelo
Jul 12, 2007
Well, save your money. It is advertised as one of the biggest aquariums of some part of the world. But it is not spectacular at all and rather small. I have seen it all after 1 hour and I do read the signs and look at all things. I would rather recommend to visit the Orchid garden which is free.

Related Travel Blogs About Aquaria KLCC

Aquaria KLCC
This isn’t the usual KLCC sightseeing and you won’t see any picture of it on this entry LOL. However I did re-acquainted with friend at KLCC but in Aquaria-the annexes building of exhibition cent… This isn’t the usual KLCC sightseeing and you won’t see any picture of it on this entry LOL…
Day 3: Having us drawn at the KLCC Aquaria
We didn't set an alarm, so we woke up pretty late. Well, I was the first to open my eyes. When I checked the time, it was around 9:15am. I couldn't remember the night before, but it seems I slept a l… We didn't set an alarm, so we woke up pretty late. Well, I was the first to open my…

Check Kuala Lumpur Hotel Deals