Aqualand Resort

Check Agios Ioannis Hotel Deals

Aqualand Resort Agios Ioannis Reviews

cindieloo cindieloo
Family holiday on Corfu, Greece Jun 12, 2011
I was on Corfu, Greece for a 8 day family holiday that we had promised my brother. It was my mum, my brother and I that went and we all found something we enjoyed there. The hotel resort felt very much like a little tourist village, which I would normally not like cause I prefer getting to know locals wherever I travel but this time I very much enjoyed it. A transfer bus picked us up from the airport and we had made it just in time before the dinner buffet closed for the night. Our hotel room was actually more of a mini apartment with a little kitchen, living room with a bed sofa, bathroom, two “bedrooms” and a balcony. There was enough space for all of us in other words. 

We started our first day with a game of tennis after a lovely breakfast buffet and then went off to check out the different pool areas. My favorite pool was the one with the hotel pool bar. That was where most activities took place, everything from water polo, dart, table tennis, water aerobics etc. The hotel had a group of 7 people called the Animation Team, they held the different activities and kept everybody young and old entertained. I thought that the Animation Team was probably one of the highlights at the hotel because they were very social and made every single guest feel welcome. They even got the most frigid people to open up a bit and take part in one or two activities. This also made other guests mingle more and make friends outside their own families, which is never bad. A funny example would be that I participated in a fun competition they called "Miss Aqualand", where 4 female contestants participate in funny games on stage and the audience votes for best performance (no swim suit competition or so). After this it felt like more and more people felt comfortable coming up to me as they now had something they could talk aboutt, hehe. Maybe it was the fact that I sang "I like big butts" by Sir Mix A Lot on stage that was the ice breaker we all needed ;).

An average day for us looked something in the line of this:

- Wake up

- Breakfast buffet

- Chill out by the pool

- Play basketball/tennis/football (organized by the Animation Team)

- Back to the pool area to rest or plays darts or ping pong

- Lunch buffet

- Back to the pool area to let the food sink in while watching the men play water polo

- Enter Aqualand for some fun waterslides and games

- Back to the pool bar have a drink and read a book or write some post cards

- Off to the hotel room to get ready for dinner

- Dinner buffet

- Entertainment and mingle on the hotel terrace

Of course this was not what we did every day, but it sure as hell was a relaxing holiday and the hotel and its staff made everything run as smooth as possible. As most guests there are “All inclusive” guests you could just got to order drinks at any of the hotel’s bars for free both grown-ups and kids loved this. Also at the pool bar they had a snack bar where guests could get ice-cream or sandwiches during the day and afternoons most children loved this, my 13 year old brother being one of them.

At the hotel reception you were also able to book a seat on the hotel bus to the beach, in to Corfu town or other excursions that were offered. The beach closest to the hotel was Glyfada beach which was absolutely beautiful. We went on a great sunny day so the sand was so hot that you had to run to the water in order to keep your feet from burning. It was not crowded at all which felt good and you had to walk far out to get to the deeper parts which is good if you have children cause then they have a lot of shallow ground to play on. We also took some time to visit Corfu town which was very beautiful and very Venetian inspired in its architecture. The only thing I would not recommendd is the full day guided tour. We were on the bus by 09.30 and got back to our hotel by 20.00 (there were bus complications thus the extra 2 hour delay but it was still too long). I thought it seemed like a good idea to get all the sightseeing done in one day, but it was really hot that day and the tour eventually felt like it just kept going on and on. Don’t get me wrong, I loved seeing most of what we saw and even learnt a few new things, but would suggest that one takes shorter excursions instead of 8-9 hours of jumping on and off the same bus.

I would say all in all, Corfu was a beautiful island and I would highly recommendd the Aqualand Hotel Resort especially if you are travelling with children from 0- late teens. We loved it so much that hopefully we will be going back next year but this time with our cousins that are 2, 4 and 6 years old as well, cause I believe they will absolutely love it there. The one and last recommenddation I have is that if you have the time and money, stay longer than 7 days as 7-8 days is way too short and the time will be over before you know it. Oh, and also send my regards to the Animation Team!

/C
My brother up in his room at our h…
Our view from our balcony
A game of tennis on our first day.
cindieloo says:
Your welcome! Thank you for the feedback! I hope the review was helpful :)
Posted on: Feb 02, 2012
sylviandavid says:
Gosh.... What a great review. you covered everything but the menus.... Thanks so much for this.
Posted on: Jan 31, 2012

Aqualand Resort Overview

One of the more interesting Corfu hotels, the Aqualand Resort Parelioi is located in Agios Ioannis and offers immediate access to the area's water park and numerous other attractions. The hotel is close to both the airport and the town center. This hotel is easily reachable by public transportation, and the Aqualand Resort Parelioi and its attached water park are also within walking distance of many of the town’s attractions.

The Aqualand Resort Parelioi offers many room styles, including a studio and suite-style rooms with different bedding options. All rooms include attached bathrooms, and some also include a full kitchen.

This hotel is attached to and associated with the Aqualand water park, which is a large park full of fun for families, couples, and friends. The hotel itself features a restaurant, which offers many a la carte dishes, a bar, and a second restaurant and bar by the hotel’s pool. The hotel also has a bar and garden on the roof, a health club, which offers work-out equipment and massages, an Internet corner, basketball, tennis courts, and volleyball courts.

Aqualand Resort Amenities