Aquaddiction Dive and Bungalows

Average rate: $20 - Hotel class: 1 star
Gili Trawangan, Gili Trawangan, Indonesia
Aquaddiction Dive and Bungalows - Aquaddiction premises is just north of the boat arrival area on Gili Trawangan.

Check Gili Trawangan Hotel Deals

Aquaddiction Dive and Bungalows Gili Trawangan Reviews

alexchan alexchan
Great people to dive with Jul 07, 2013
CHOOSING A DIVE OPERATOR

I did my SSI Advanced diver certification at Aquaddiction on Gili Trawangan. I opted to go with them because:

All the various staff and the boss that I spoke to were nice and approachable. They weren’t pushy at all.

They told me that they do only small groups (4 customers) for their dives. I had just walked past other places that were buzzing with too many customers so I appreciated this.

In practice, it was even better:

- My dive instructor, Mike, was a super-nice guy and a good instructor too.

- I was the sole student three of the five dives.

DIVE SITES AND MODULES CHOSEN

I had chosen the following modules after a bit of deliberation and discussion with Mike and the boss. They were all great dive sites:

- 05JUL, Night dive (at Bounty wreck): A sunken pontoon with good coral growth; my first ever night dive. Saw some strange critters, a squid and photo-luminescent plankton.

- 06JUL, Deep dive (at Deep Turbo): Very nice coral and terrain with good visibility.

- 06JUL, Navigation (at Manta Point): A generally good dive site ruined by having to do the navigation skills exercise! There was a black tip reef shark and some turtles.

- 07JUL, Wreck dive (at Bounty wreck): A sunken pontoon with good coral growth. Saw a mantis shrimp.

- 07JUL, Fish identification (at Shark Point): Saw a black tip reef shark and a few turtles, including one which must have been the biggest I’ve ever seen (both in length and the height of the dome).

I had originally wanted to do Peak Performance Buoyancy but Mike thought my buoyancy just needed a bit of fine-tuning, and I didn’t need to do it as a module. He reduced my weight-belt from 4kg to 3kg and asked me to slow down my breathing and pause between finning cycles.

OVERALL IMPRESSION

The dive sites around the Gilis have beautiful coral (there is plenty of broken coral too though) and generally good visibility. There is a nice mix of small common stuff with a few big things. You’ll love it here if you like turtles.

Diving conditions were quite easy during my visit; not too much current. I felt comfortable and competent here where as I’ve been in places that make me feel inadequate as a diver.

Dive instructors and dive masters make or break a dive centre. Aquaddiction appear to have a nice bunch of good people. I hope to dive the Gilis with them again in the future!

By the way, they also have accommodation which I didn't try out.
Aquaddiction premises is just nort…

Aquaddiction Dive and Bungalows Overview

The Aquaddiction Dive and Bungalows is conveniently located in the middle of the town.

The Aquaddiction Dive and Bungalows caters for families with children offering babysitting / child services. Other amenities available include a laundry service and a dry cleaning service. Wi-Fi connection is available for use. This hotel proudly features an animal-friendly policy. Guests can take advantage of the airport shuttle and the ticket desk services.

Aquaddiction Dive and Bungalows Amenities

• Coffee / Tea Maker
  • Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower