Aqua Soleil Hotel and Mineral Water Spa

Quiet Weekend Getaway in Desert Hot Springs Oct 22, 2011

Relaxing environment

Clean, comfortable design

Free Secured Wi-fi

Limited food options within hotel; fast food options nearby (but not necessarily healthy eating options)

No covered parking

Limited umbrella/tree shade in the outdoor area

Secured Wi-fi was potentially infected at of the time of our visit

My husband and I were looking for a little R&R after a rough month at work and to spend some QT together. We did not want to travel far nor did we have the funds to go anywhere over-the-top. Based on TripAdvisor reviews, we selected Aqua Soleil to patronize .

We checked in late at night, as we had driven straight from work near the heart of Los Angeles. For some reason, we hit every traffic jam along the way every hour. The hotel receptionist on duty was easygoing, courteous, and very helpful. At his suggestion, we borrowed one of the luggage carts to carry our bags in.

I've read some of the negative reviews, and to put things in perspective, I'd like to say that my husband and I didn't drive all the way out to Desert Hot Springs to watch television. We actually spent most of our time in the mineral pool and jacuzzis or laying out and curling up with a good book.

The price I paid for two nights was fair for the accommodations and available amenities. My husband and I were not looking for “shiny”--if you want “shiny” right now, you would probably steer yourself towards paying a lot more (and frankly too much) for TV-show level design at some big-box brand name chain. The spa menu was simple and in its simplicity was genius. My husband and I opted not to partake of the enticing menu due to lack of funds.

All of the hotel staff were professional and courteous, and because of this warm and inviting environment, the other guests (with a few exceptions) exuded the same outgoing friendliness. Relaxation and enjoyment were contagious.

The hotel is definitely showing bounds of improvement compared to its earlier reviews and is doing what it can to root out the troublespots or troublemakers. I encourage the GM to continue towards their goal and eagerly anticipate not only returning but also to see Aqua Soleil's progress.

Check Desert Hot Springs Hotel Deals